97 vfr seat mod

• Member Contributer

thought i would try the nc30 seat cowling on the vfr it fits almost perfectly i have raised the rear subframe about an inch to make the panels on the seat line up with the vfr tank all you do is undo the bottom subframe bolts and make a short bracket the rear light has the same bulbs as the vfr they go straight in also i dont have to moove any of the electrics that sit under the seat on all i had to do is bend the two seat mounts down a little they are the ones that that fasten to the side of the seat

i will remove the rear peg hangers make a bracket for the silencer redrill the nc30 front mounting lugs and thats about it.

get it painted in red one other thing i had to do is grind a shallow angle on the rear subframe at the rear nothing drastic.

post-22187-0-61724800-1346511149.jpg

That's great if you prefer the boxier style tail that the NC30 and RC30 had. I'm not sure if the tail matches the style of the very rounded front fairings on the 4th gen though. Eliminating the integrated signal light flares on the original 4th gen might be something that might look better IMO.

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

The headers are stainless steel from a company called sandy bike spares in the uk i think they buy them in from somewhere in china.

The mid section is just a high level link pipe i bought from fleabay and the rear is a delkevic short silencer with removable baffel.

Just bought a 1996 cbr900 fireblade front end for it with the 4 pot nissins will post some pics when its together the only thing i found with the fireblade forks is i can not use the vfr front wheel spacers otherwise its a straight swap.

Archived