UK dealers that will ship VFR1200 parts / accessories to US?

Guest 742Folk

Guest 742Folk

Considering ordering black hard bags for the VFR. Reason? In the future thinking about switching to the Titanium Blade color and only the black bags can match virtually every color that Honda has made available (well outside of the US).

Any one convert the color of their US VFR or order a different color of Honda bags for their Candy Red in the US?

• Member Contributer

Lings Honda has an extensive online presence; Honda of Bournemouth would be my choice, but I'm not sure they ship overseas.

Ciao,

Keep in mind that Honda parts are VERY expensive in Europe. You won't find any fairing "kit" under 1400€ (+- $1700) (Honda official price for 1 OEM VFR 1200 middle fairing is around 510€). This price is VAT included (this is some sort of sales tax - and for every European country different). For export you don't pay VAT, so your "discount" will be around 20%. But I don't know what they will charge you for imported goods into the USA.

For some parts it's cheaper to replace them by real carbon fiber parts (aftermarket) than to replace them with the OEM plastic parts...

Anyway, most European companies export to the USA (just ask) - most European Post offices work together with USPS, and DHL, UPS and others are very active on the European market.

• Member Contributer

I too recommend Honda of Bournemouth. A couple of months ago they supplied a set of white panniers for my '09 VFR.

Btw, I didn't see much difference in the US versus UK price. For example, excluding shipping http://www.hondapartshouse.net were $875 while the UK price was the equivalent of $915. Both are 'sale' prices but I was surprised that they were so close. As a rule US seems to have the lowest prices but it is worth a few key clicks to be sure.

In my case, white bags were unavailable anywhere in the US or Canada so I had no choice in buying from overseas. Btw, shipping to Canada cost £125, or about $205. But don't forget that there might be local tax and/or duty.

Yeah, yeah, blah, blah, such n such. I bought some parts from the UK. Cheaper than the US and standard OEM stuff. If you find the right dealer, either here or overseas, they will treat you well.

Try.......

http://www.accessories4bikes.com/sportbike-c-35_228.html?page=4&sort=7a

They were easy to deal with and did what they said. Based in the US. Ride safe.

Mark

Archived