Guess I should introduce myself

Guest advcyclist

Guest advcyclist

Cliff's notes:

I'm 37 now, cut my teeth on a '93 VFR way back when I was full of spit-n-vinegar. About a year after purchase, a lady pulled in front of me and crushed my baby into her hood. I moved on to various motos, racing in WERA, egregious money spent on track days and going fast. Trashed my race bike in T17A of VIR North back in '08. Laid off the track for awhile since I didn't have the money to build a new race rig. Found my dirty side through a Strom, KLR, DR-Z SM, and finally a Triumph Scrambler. Went for a full year with no moto in the garage and finally (last month) tripped across a nearly mint '93 VFR in pearl white with 6900 miles on the clock. I now race bicycles and my wallet is much happier with it.

Owner and I settled on a fair price and I spent a month tearing her apart while replacing all the necessary fluids, filters, draining old gas, etc... Today was her first full tank fill and I'm happy to report she gave me a satisfying 42mpg.

Won't post much, but I read and research a lot. Thanks for the collection of info and experience while I refresh my memory banks with this scoot.

VFR.jpg

• Member Contributer

Wow! Arguably the best ever looking VFR!! NICE!!! Please post more often, I'm sure you have a lot of experience and valuable things to say. Needless to say, judging by what I and others write in their messages, it does not always have to be intelligent...

Welcome!

C

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond :tour:

Road or dirt cycling?

a4deb6eb.jpg

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond :tour:

Road or dirt cycling?

Crits, then road, then cyclocross and finally MTB six hour events. I'm a glutton for punishment... :unsure:

Thanks all for the welcomes. She deserves all the attention though and I'm just happy I was able to save her from further neglect.

• Member Contributer

To me the white 3rd Gen was always the cleanest looking bike ever built. As I like the bodywork on the 4th Gen the best, I wish Honda would have put out a white 4th Gen, that would have been the perfect bike to me. I may have to get crazy one day and decide to paint my 5th gen that color. Nice bike and welcome.

Thats a very nice find,looks to be in top condition, congratulations, Cliff.

PS. I love the lid in Bayareas' avatar I have an all white Arai and a red 1991 FM with white wheels so I'm going to have to look at the cost of lid spraying ( chain & stuff first)

Regards Tony

Archived