Tech-Spec VFR Tank Grips

Oh6PearlVFR

Question

• Member Contributer

Hey guys - just thought I would share this with you all. What I would consider one of the most important improvements to my bike yet. I've always struggled with body position getting my legs into the tank and keeping pressure off the bars.

I vaguely remember someone here suggesting Tech-Spec tank grips. I ordered the clear snake skin and it's basically a glorifed mouse pad type grip that doesn't look good. I sent them back and they sent me the black snake skin the next day. SO customer service was awesome - one of their salesmen was very responsive to my questions and they answer the phone right away.

Result was UNREAL. Body positioning improvement was immediate and I could tell the feeling in my hands and arms before I even got to the first stop sign. My turns have improved dramatically, in some cases like the S-Turns down the road from my house, my speeds have gained 12 mph just from being able to properly position my body and have the confidence that I need.

If you are interested the link is http://www.techspec-usa.com/

and if you order for your VFR use code JPROMO for 10% off.

post-21159-0-03566100-1344119821.jpg

post-21159-0-19294800-1344119826.jpg

post-21159-0-37646300-1344119831.jpg

9 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

Looks like they have 3 different materials (High Fusion, C3 and Snake Skin) Is yours the top of the line snake skin?

Also, what Center Tank Pro did you add (they have 2 or 3 choices).

Thanks,

Mark

i use snakeskin on my track bike. i really recommend these. i had the other brand with the "knobbies" on them and they really messed up my leathers over time. the grip is great and i have never had any issue with them.

• Member Contributer

Mark - when you order they offer a matching tank protector for $15 so I did that as well, it is the snake skin. When I asked about the difference in materials this is what they said

"

The die we have for the VFR800 (62-0051-**) will fit onto the sheets of clear material we have so we can offer that for $54.95 which is the same price for the snake skin material. This kit is also available in C3 for

$51.95 and High Fusion for $46.95.

The snake skin material is what I recommend for track riding. It is by far the material with the most grip.

If you are looking for comfort, the C3 is the way to go. It has a raised diamond pattern like the Snake Skin, however it is not nearly as aggressive. The material is much more "squishy"and allows a little give for your knees under pressure in turns.

High fusion is our lightest and thinnest material. Its has great grip capabilities, but is also easily "abused"if ridden to hard.

The clear is a new design with raised round bumpers for grip. We've sold a few to riders of various styles and have had very positive reviews on it.

If you know what you would like, feel free to send it to orders@techspec-usa.com More questions? Fire a response back to me and we will see what we can do for ya!

Happy Riding!"

I have a pelvic nerve injury that is irritated by vibration. I installed the Snake Skin about 10k miles ago and it reduces vibration transmitted through the tank. I can now ride longer without having to stop for a break.

• Member Contributer

I just added my new snake skins (got rid of my tank bra).

Getting ready for SUM SUM 2012.

Mark

post-2084-0-46630100-1344632837.jpg

post-2084-0-32843400-1344632853.jpg

post-2084-0-01845200-1344632886.jpg

• Member Contributer

Hey Oh6pearlvfr - what seat is that? I dont recognize it....

Looks like a Sargent (like mine but without the red piping).

Mark

Archived