vfr750 v. Telephone Pole

So it's finally my turn to post a crash story. Going very slow, maybe 15, down my parents street, stopped paying attention for a couple of seconds...next thing I know I'm flying towards it as if I were a linebacker with a free shot at a quarterback. Forks are bent, left upper is smashed...haven't given a full inspection. Oh yeah, broken tibia, some nasty bruising and telephone poll rash from my jaw down to my shoulder. Damn. Now I have 2 wrecked 4th gens in my garage.

• Member Contributer

uuuufff!!! sorry to read this.....

Them poles do not budge.... but since you are posting, I gather you came off ok.....

99.9999999% of lapses in concentration one gets away with....

Heal up quickly!

Complete stupidity on my part caused it. Been having trouble adjusting my chain; thought I had it sorted...just taking it for a test ride around the block and it was still slapping around. I looked down at it for too long and upon looking up I had enough time to gasp before I hit the pole nearly head on. I am very lucky that the bike threw me somewhat to the side so that my shoulder took the impact and not my head.

So, trying to decide if I should rebuild or move on to a 5th gen.

• Member Contributer

So, trying to decide if I should rebuild or move on downgrade to a 5th gen.

There, fixed it for you :ph34r:

NACA's are the best!!! :tongue:

Remember that thread about where all the forth gens are going...

Glad to hear that you made it OK...

So you killed two of the beloved forth gens...

I got one for you... Nevermind, I think it is about sold. Hopefully it lives a good long life.

• Member Contributer

Ouch!! Sorry to hear about your mishap, but I'm glad you sound all right. Fix it or get a faster one--red6th gen!! Just kidding. Just glad to hear you want to ride again and you want toget another vfr. Good luck!

C

Downgrade- LOL! How can fuel injection be a downgrade? Besides, I like the looks better.

I didn't kill two- another member killed the 97. I just bought it for parts...and the 96 isn't killed, just wounded. Actually, the 97 isn't killed. It's in purgatory but now it's return to the living world is further delayed.

As soon as I got home from the ER I was on the net looking for parts! We are all diseased... :tour:

• Member Contributer

I almost didn't open this thread with a subject line like that. They almost never read: "...clipped the sucker right off and carried on like nothing happened." :laugh: Glad to hear you're doing OK but the injuries sound painful. Heal quickly and well.

You want pics of the bike or the telephone pole? :laugh: The bike pics aren't that exciting; probably less damage than you would expect considering what happened.

• Member Contributer

Ahhh.. looks, cannot argue with that. beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that... :tongue:

Just make sure you test ride a 5th gen before buying one. I found my 4th gen to ride nicer.....

I really liked the ride on Gradus' 6th Gen ABS during TMAC (thx once more :fing02: ) but donot care much for the looks.......

Luxury problem.....

Telephone poles always win versus bikes.

The mountain always wins, period.

Ride safe out there. :unclesam:

My suspension is so old and shagged that almost anything would ride better. Found a guy parting out a 900RR, wondering if I should go for the forks? Also found a guy selling a complete 04-07 1000RR front end too but wants $500. So many choices.

I hope you heal fast and have no lasting effects. I think you should at least go brand the telephone pole with the letters VFR !!! Just like keeping score so to speak!

I have to say rebuilding the bike is the direction i would go. I love my 4th gen. Even tho i have had m own issues..

Good luck!

Archived