Matte look to factory bling.

Yokel

• Member Contributer

If you're curious what the factory pipe would look like in matte, here's an idea..

gallery_23869_6426_25376.jpg

gallery_23869_6426_26372.jpg

This was pretty easy... it's just polished stainless. I hit it with a bead blaster using pretty stinking small media through the gun. Looks kinda neat.

• Member Contributer

I want a bead blaster. :sad:

If you wanna pay shipping I can blast whatever you like.... Provided I can fit it on the back of my bike. I sold my car 3 months ago.

• Member Contributer

I like it! If only it sounded good...

What does a bead blaster sound like?

They sound like pie and sorrow. :laughing6-hehe:

Looks great. Do you think the entire factory exhaust would look good in that finish? I'm thinking that it could be a big improvement.

Blasted surfaces are very easy to be scratched; they shall be painted with transparent paint.

This is my experience with stainless steel petrochemical equipments grit blasted by garnet.

• Member Contributer

Looks great. Do you think the entire factory exhaust would look good in that finish? I'm thinking that it could be a big improvement.

I see no reason why not. But:

Blasted surfaces are very easy to be scratched; they shall be painted with transparent paint.

This is my experience with stainless steel petrochemical equipments grit blasted by garnet.

^this. VERY important. Fortunately, I don't think you'd really need any high-heat clear.

All the bead blasting really does is create millions of little divots in the surface... under a microscope it's really funky looking actually. Therefore, that initial surface of the steel is incredibly soft since it's miniscule little peaks and valleys. There's just not much strength there when it's that small of a bit of steel hanging out.

Next project will be buffing the rear-sets. I've already burned through the paint where my boots rub....

Archived