Speed & Strength Helmets

VcFR

• Member Contributer

I am looking at a Speed & Strength helmet. They have one that I love (Little Miss Dangerous), but don't know much about the product quality. I have a HJC now (black w/ flames), but I want a "girlie" one. I've also found a few on the Scorpion website that I like. I know Scopion has quality products, but my first pick is the Speed & Strength one. Please share your opions.

Thanks,

Lisa

A.T.P.A. Advanced Thermo-Poly Alloy Shell .......

Meets or Exceeds DOT and ECE 22-05 Standards;

Coolmax; Removable, Washable and Moisture Wicking Liner ....

AirStrikeDirect Course Ventilation System

Lock N Load Rapid Conversion Shield Replacement System ......

ALL CLEAR! Sight System; Optically Correct, Anti-Scratch,

Anti-Fog and UV Resistant Faceshield

I've never heard of this brand but the above list shows that it meets all the requirements, and has some nice extras(removable liner for washing & a fog free faceshield).

The graphics looks nice,too.

"Thermoplastic" cast lexan shell I guess.....Keeps the price down, but helmets made with such are usually a bit heavier than CF or CF/Kevlar mix shelled helmets. The good thing is, they are finishing these Themoplastic shelled helmets so well these days that they sometimes challenge the outward looks and quality of the much more expensive TOL models. I have a KBC modular helmet with a Thermoplastic shell I bought a couple of seasons ago on clearance just for that reason.

As long as you see the DOT and Snell certifcations on it, it should perform just about as good, protection-wise as the high buck helmets.

Just make sure you test one out before buying it so you can determine if it's comfortable and quiet enough for you.

Beck

95 VFR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Thanks for the input. I am still haven't purchased it yet. I'm gonna sell my current helmet and a leather jacket to go toward the funding of it. :)

Lisa

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I just purchased my Speed & Strength helmet. "Little Miss Dangerous"

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/2/48/28272/PRODUCT-REVIEW/Speed-and-Strength-SS1000-Little-Miss-Dangerous-Helmet.aspx

It is lighter than my HJC. Think I'm really gonna like it. The weather has been a little unpredictable this week so I haven't rode with it yet. Maybe next week the weather will be better. Guess I am a fair weather rider. I don't want to be caught in the rain if I can help it.

Archived