Gerbing's Heated Vest keeping coming Unplugged

Guest Recalcitrance

Guest Recalcitrance

After about 10 minutes of it plugged in, the plug just falls out. I thought it was my leg coming down at a light tugging at the wire or maybe my jacket pushed it out when I leaned forward, so today I just sat on my bike with it plugged in.

It unplugged.

The vest heats up just fine and right away. This is my second Gerbing vest and this newer one just doesn't seem to want to cooperate. The vest and the plug were ordered at the same time through Gerbing at the Progressive motorcycle show.

Ideas?

• Member Contributer

After being plugged and unplugged hundreds of times my connectors are as tight as the day I bought them. You've definitely got a defective one. I'd call Gerbing and get them to replace it.

in the meantime tie the connection in a knot so there is no pulling on it? Of course that means you are tethered to your bike...better keep riding!

Guest Recalcitrance

HS: That's the odd thing. When I first plug it in, it's as tight as a torqued bolt. If I try to unplug it immediately, I need to pull so hard that the wire comes out of the unit. Doesn't make sense. My riding partner suggested the pliers and I did that last night to no avail.

Tightwad: Nice profile pic. It's not an issue with pulling or tugging. It just simply falls out.

Dutch: Yes, I'm going to contact Gerbing and have them send me another wire. In the mean time, I'll just ride with the vest unplugged. Some warmth is better than no warmth. *shrug* My first Gerbing vest is about 5 years old and still works just fine.

Archived