Alaska Leather Sheepskin Buttpads

Guest Ike

First off I don't know if this is the right section of the site, but it looked closest to what I was looking for. Anyways, has anyone had any experience with them? They look terrific and I was just hoping for some member opinions :)

-Ike

I haven't used that brand....But I do have a sheep skin I'll use if I'm going on a coast to coast ride......... They're great for comfort and hot or cold weather........ the only negitive to me is because mine just lays on the seat, so it's a pain to always have to adjust it(but worth it for a week or more ride.........

If you buy one that will stay put when you get on or off than you have the best of both worlds.

Another thing is if your riding style dictates you moving your butt on the seat all the time then that might be a problem.... but if you just lean from the waist up, no problem.......

Sounds like it might be a really good investment then. Have you had any experience/do you know if there is a difference with the ones with gel and the ones without?

Gel can result in leaks.... but I've never used them............ and with a lamb skin you wouldn't need gel, at least I haven't needed anything else when using lamb skin.

Lamb by the way is a more condensed than adult "sheep" skins..........

Great :) that's exactly what I needed to know. This company seems pretty legit and the sheepskins have mounts to keep them tight against the seat so I'm hoping it will make a big improvement.

Sounds like it might be a really good investment then. Have you had any experience/do you know if there is a difference with the ones with gel and the ones without?

Id get short hair, the long hair tangles and then your sitting on knots, definitely Id get the gell pad underneathe. I have the medium sportbike long wool pad, you can also trim the pad if needed, and really you do, at the front where it meets the tank. I ride mine in all conditions, but I wish I had the short hair gel pad .. They are warm in the winter and HOt in the summer,

The gel pads are very expensive , I even priced them as a stand alone elsewhere, and $45, just for the Gel.

as for movement, it has a strap , that doesnt seem to stay snug, you can also add your own , in walmart sewing section the have nice big and wide stretch banding.

PS.ve used varies foams undeathe, they all pretty much suck, Go for the Gel

• Member Contributer

I've got the one with gel. Works great. Raises me up a bit which is good for long days on the slab.

Archived