Delkevic exhaust

Basically, I'm looking at ridding my 4th gen of the nasty arss steel rusty pipes. Yep, I'll probably end up jetting in the long run. I'm looking on Delkevic's site and they say they have down pipes

http://www.delkevic.us/?section=shop&product_category=headers_and_downpipes_fwwtb&product=honda_downpipes&start=0&search_term=&order_by=

but it appears you have to buy the front two cylinder down pipes seperately? like here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-VFR750-FL-FV-1989-1998-Exhaust-Header-Down-Pipes-/170627898871?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27ba371df7

This would be going to a tbr s.o. for now.

I'm really just looking to get rid of the 'collector' and lighten the load on her. Does anyone have any thoughts on them? I haven't heard anything bad about this company, and their products are very reasonably priced. Thanks in advance.

I just talked to Luke at Delkevic through his ebay store. The front down pipes are NOT included with the one package. He does not know why they do not have a package deal, but he made mention of the fact that if anyone wanted it all together, that he'd give a discount. Shipping from CO would be ~$35 for a full system.

He said fit and finish is very good, with the main idea behind this system being that it is a stock replacement without the collector and weight of the stock pipes.

Now, one thing I am going to look into is a custom exhaust shop that is recommended locally. I'm going to go to them and see how/if they could bend an exhaust out of aluminium or SS. I'll update this with what they want for that as soon as I find out.

• Member Contributer

FWIW I run a delk slip-on (but not their header pipes) and I've had zero issues with their build quality.

They're decently priced and sound/look good too IMHO.

gallery_19264_5124_106219.jpg

I have the short Delkevic slip-on on my 4th gen and the build quality is first rate. Not only is it beautifully made, it sounds great as well.

• Member Contributer

I'm looking forward to seeing more on the replacement of the stock exhaust and possible benefits.

Maybe do a before and after Dyno run and weight-in?

• 9 months later...

I have a set of Delkevic headers on my 07 VFR and just put a set on my 93. Found out the front down tubes are not included the hard way. My 07 (I ordered the 5 gen set) came with EVERYTHING! the down tubes, all gaskets. I wanted to get rid of my cats. Based on that experience, I ordered the 3rd gen set. had nothing. had to order the down tubes separate. And all of the gaskets, which I expected from the start.

Anyway, in terms of the quality. They're pretty much exact copies of the OEM pipes. I had a full system on my 95 ZX7 as well. They were completely different from the stock set but worked just fine. The VFR sets, both my 07 and my 93 work fine, fit fine and welds seem acceptable. The 93 were just a bit lighter than the stock set too, and all stainless. The only part I didn't get replaced is the rear "coupler" that comes off the exhaust ports so they're still the factory mild steel.

So if you need a replacement set, these meet the price/functionality requirements for me.

• Member Contributer

will this slip on work for 3G? can it be modified to fit?? Nothing for the 3G anymore that I can find? Any help would be great

http://www.delkevic....egory=&product=

Delkevic US still lists 89-93 VFR 750 pipes. Rear downtubes are extra and seperately ordered. It is a shame that the 94-97 pipes are not listed, as they fit, and don't have the big "resonator" (anchor sized weight under the bike). So 94-97 have a different attachment, you may have to look across the pond for a slip on

Archived