Air jacket, not sure what it would be called?

landlover

• Member Contributer

Read an article not long ago about jackets that inflate with air when a lanyard is pulled in an accident. Anybody heard of these and anyone have one? Great idea.

• Member Contributer

Read an article not long ago about jackets that inflate with air when a lanyard is pulled in an accident. Anybody heard of these and anyone have one? Great idea.

I think you might be referring to this, or something like it. Looks a bit goofy to me. But then, I thought car airbags were a bit goofy at first too. biggrin.gif

• Member Contributer

I don't own one but I understand they are being tested by a few motogp riders. A few problems have come up during development; although the vest works fine, the oxygen mask won't drop down correctly.

Joking aside, Spidi makes them and sells parts for them.

• Member Contributer

There are several versions. The first ones I saw were HIT-AIR, I own a jacket and a harness. I have not yet been down in one. But a budy riding at Summit Point recently went down hard at over 140 MPH an walked away. No marks on his helmet from the tumple. Only has to have a seam repaired and vendor said they would do it for free. :fing02: :fing02:

• Member Contributer

i have one. and it works very well.

i set one off by accident as i forgot to dehook my self from the bike. and lost balance.. the jacket was inflated way before i hit the ground :comp13:

and yes i crashed once.. didnt feel a thing :fing02:

i have a Pharaoh impact .. white and black :beer:

Archived