OIL TESTER................

LookingHard

Sounds interesting,.....but why not just sell the design to auto/MC companies and integrate it into their vehicle's on board maintenance/information/monitoring systems?

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

That's pretty interesting!

I just heard of that Kickstarter fund raiser site last week. Also a cool idea. You can pledge money to a project, but you won't actually have to pay anything until the goal is fully reached by pledges.

• Member Contributer

Sounds interesting,.....but why not just sell the design to auto/MC companies and integrate it into their vehicle's on board maintenance/information/monitoring systems?

Beck

95 VFR

Cause the auto manufacturers already sell mileage based maintenance plans...

Beck

95 VFR

Cause the auto manufacturers already sell mileage based maintenance plans...

It's just that not all of us want yet another tool in our overflowing toolboxes that just end up getting buried under other tools and gadgets and sometimes forgotten........only to be discovered later with a battery that died and leaked in it, damaging the tool in the process.

Beck

95 VFR.......

Cool idea if it works for a long time. I can see oil getting into the electronics after once or twice and it not working anymore.

The biggest thing for me is how would you get a sample of your oil?? I used to have to pull oil samples on field test engines when I worked at Cummins. We ended up having to put a special port on the engine to pump out a little while it was running and the oil had been mixed up. Pulling from the drain plug would be messy and not an accurate sample.

Archived