Hot & Disgusting Summer Weather Riding

CHUCK2

How do you guys manage to enjoy riding in the hot & disgustingly humid Summer weather with all your leathers,boots,gloves,etc.?

How can you be comfortable in weather like that especially if you stop somewhere to eat?

Just kinda curious.

I wear a "Rukka Air" textile suit. It's great for hot weather riding.

www.biker-land.de

I would rather sweat that bleed. I wear my mesh jacket, short cuff vented gloves, and mesh pants with some sort of shoes or riding boots in the Florida summers. It's hot and I sweat but your going to sweat when it's 100 degrees period. After having road rash that's the least I wear when riding.....

• 3 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Don't want to appear to work for Motoport.com....I don't ....but the mesh jacket they make is superior to all others I see, I've put maybe 6,000 miles on mine.

WAY cool especially in danger mode which means only a long sleeve Under Armor cool shirt.

They are expensive.

I own two perf. Leather jackets and I prefer leather to mesh but living in the Florida Keys I must resort to mesh especially in South Florida humidity and traffic.

Just did a 500 mile trip in Everglades , south Florida and keys in the Motoport mesh and there Kevlar stretch jeans, 85+ and humid.

I'm going to have to second Motoports gear. I just got a jacket from them after realizing that my nice leather jackets suck in the Miami summer. . . I haven't tested it yet, but it's supposed to be superior to leather in some ways, and it's such an open weave you can see light through it. It's pretty light too. Definitely the Mesh though over their stretch Kevlar. The inside of the sleeves are stretch Kevlar and they definitely don't get as much airflow.

• Member Contributer

When it gets over 95/100 degrees on tour I put on my cooling vest. I usually store it in ice water so when I put it on ...WOW. I also wear a sports quick dry Tshirt which also helps. I also have strapped on a frozen Camelback under the jacket. THis works well too .

For me having perf/vent gear is not that great in the dry heat of the West as it feels just like a hair dryer all over. Not sure anything works well in high heat and humidity including a cooling vest.

In San Diego we are spoiled rotten re the weather. I still have not turned on my AC this year.

• Member Contributer

I must be getting old because heat has never stopped me from riding however I left my VFR at home for almost two weeks straight this month. I wear shorts @ work so having ATGATT on the commute is all the more important. After enduring 10 hours in 90+ weather, the LAST thing I want to do is put on gear to ride home. The VFR reappeared in the lot yesterday and today. Looking at 97 tomorrow and my riding buddies want to do a flat land run for the day. NO WAY! it's too hot down here, I'm heading up hill. - or maybe I'm heading down hill, it's hard to tell the difference any more. :laughing6-hehe:

I must be getting old because heat has never stopped me from riding however I left my VFR at home for almost two weeks straight this month. I wear shorts @ work so having ATGATT on the commute is all the more important. After enduring 10 hours in 90+ weather, the LAST thing I want to do is put on gear to ride home. The VFR reappeared in the lot yesterday and today. Looking at 97 tomorrow and my riding buddies want to do a flat land run for the day. NO WAY! it's too hot down here, I'm heading up hill. - or maybe I'm heading down hill, it's hard to tell the difference any more. :laughing6-hehe:

You don't count.... They're talking about states that get hot and Colorado isn't one of them........ 90º I wouldn't even break a sweat working all day(non-air truck) delivery driver in Denver for 30 years...........

But here in Va. 85º and up I'll sweat with out even doing anything.......... Don't leave Colorado :laughing6-hehe:

How do you guys manage to enjoy riding in the hot & disgustingly humid Summer weather with all your leathers,boots,gloves,etc.?

How can you be comfortable in weather like that especially if you stop somewhere to eat?

Just kinda curious.

Vanson perforated leathers do it for me and a well ventilated helmet.

Archived