Single or Dual Heat Controller

doubled

• Member Contributer

I've purchased a heated vest from a good member of this forum. Now I need a controller. The powerlet looks like a good deal, but then I started thinking, maybe I should get a dual controller in case I get heated gloves one day? So do I go single or dual?

Are heated grips better than heated gloves?

Thanks, in advance,

---David

I would recommend the dual controller. It never hurts to have the extra outlet incase you get other item. I picked up the dual one even though I only run gloves that are heated.

That's just my opinion.

• Member Contributer

I've purchased a heated vest from a good member of this forum. Now I need a controller. The powerlet looks like a good deal, but then I started thinking, maybe I should get a dual controller in case I get heated gloves one day? So do I go single or dual?

Are heated grips better than heated gloves?

Thanks, in advance,

---David

Get the dual - you WONT regret it !!!

• Member Contributer

Another vote for dual...however, you have a less than ideal situation for adding gloves since you have a vest. The beauty of having a jacket liner with arms is that is so easy to hook up the gloves to the sleeve pigtails instead of running that "Y" harness thru your gear...

I have a Gerbings liner and gloves with a single controller. It works well enough, but sometimes I wish I had the dual. If I bought it all separate "new" instead of as a package "used," I would have bought the dual.

• Member Contributer

I have a Gerbings liner and gloves with a single controller. It works well enough, but sometimes I wish I had the dual. If I bought it all separate "new" instead of as a package "used," I would have bought the dual.

Yep, I'm always fiddling with the temps for jacket liner and gloves separately...need a lot more heat to my hands on the VFR than when I'm on the ST!

• Member Contributer

I have a dual controller ...remote and no wires.

2945524810099738507S600x600Q85.jpg

Based on my recent winter tour, gloves/liners are a must for sustained riding at about 35 or below. Grips would be the first thing I would buy and then add gloves/liners for lots of very cold weather riding.

Rig on my VFR...still doing tests to see if it can handle the electrical load.

med_gallery_2144_2760_513112.jpg

• Member Contributer

Thanks to each of you. I don't know about the y cord thing...it sounds cumbersome.

Since I didn't get the full liner (should have consulted you guys first), maybe it's best to forgoe the heated gloves and go with the heated grips. I rarely ride below +10C (50F).

---David

• Member Contributer

Thanks to each of you. I don't know about the y cord thing...it sounds cumbersome.

Since I didn't get the full liner (should have consulted you guys first), maybe it's best to forgoe the heated gloves and go with the heated grips. I rarely ride below +10C (50F).

---David

You can never forget your heated grips!!!!!!!!!!!

Heated grips are a must for touring. They would be perfect for 50 degrees.

I love my gloves, even though I missed the whole winter this year. I have heated grips, but generally I only use them when I get into unexpected cold....and then I death grip the bars to stay warm! I use the Powerlet dual controller of course.

Archived