Boots! Boots! Boots! - Help Please

Primo

Okay, so I did not listen to any of you. HaHa! I stopped in at my local Cycle Gear and they had Dainese Torque Out boots $50 off at $249. I talked to the manager and he said he could knock off another 20% so for $200 I bought these boots. They fit my foot well, got good reviews and seem to have the protection I am looking for without looking like moon boots. Also, very simple to get into and out of. Still cold here in CT but I will provide a full report when it warms up.

Rob

Little late to add my 2 cents I guess, but I have two pairs of Oxtar boots and love them, couldn't get my wide foot into very many others. I believe they're sold as "TCS" now.

• Member Contributer

OK, in order here is what I use:

• Commuting Boots, to & from the office. (back when I had a job:-(
  • Street riding boots. (these were my track boots until I started getting DEEEEEEP dents in the toe box due to soft soles on these - which is why they are VERY comfy to walking)
  • Current Track Boots.

If I am not on the track I spent 95% of my riding time in the A-stars. It is worth the hassle to deal with the boots (although they fit under dress slacks with no problem) There are too many bones in the foot / ankle that are delicate. Plus, I would rather a good set of boots between me & moving parts of the bike in case I take a spill.

• Member Contributer

Okay, so I did not listen to any of you. HaHa! I stopped in at my local Cycle Gear and they had Dainese Torque Out boots $50 off at $249. I talked to the manager and he said he could knock off another 20% so for $200 I bought these boots. They fit my foot well, got good reviews and seem to have the protection I am looking for without looking like moon boots. Also, very simple to get into and out of. Still cold here in CT but I will provide a full report when it warms up.

Rob

Looks like decent boot :fing02:

Dainese_Torque_Out_boot_detail.jpg?1238108059

• Member Contributer

Hello, first post here.

I'll add another option that I didn't see mentioned yet. I've used Cruiserworks boots for a few years now and really like them. Very waterproof and I can walk all day in them without discomfort. Not something I'd wear on a track day, but for commuting and such, they work great for me.

I have a pair of Cruiserworks boots too. Have owned them since 2002. Have put about 35k miles on them. Definately water proof. Great commuting/touring boot. Been known to wear them all day at work. Unfortunately, I think the company has gone out of business.

I wear Danner Telson.

You can hunt in them, hike in them, wear them under jeans and look good.

Easy on and easy off, gortex water proof.

Probably not a MC specific protection but I dont think half of the others are either.

Sidi makes a great boot but I cant hike 4 miles in them.

• Member Contributer

I've been waiting for the Sidi Laguna Gortex boots to hit the stores. First they were due out in February, then maybe March. Last I heard it will be late March!

bd4b82e5830d2dec15163b6248978eed_rough.jpg

• Member Contributer

For touring, I've been looking at these Sidi On Road GoreTex boots. Nice and high and don't look like ballerina slippers. $325.00. Sidi_On_Road_Gore-Tex_Boots_zoom.jpg?1235171775

Or these TCX Infinity GTX Boots, ~$360.00.

TCX_Infinity_GTX_Touring_Boot_zoom.jpg?1256751174

• Member Contributer

p_73525.jpg

Puma Roadster V2's..

These really sound like the right fit for what you are looking for and i hear they are supper comfy

Archived