Aprilia Air-Bag Jacket

TexOz

• Member Contributer

Has anyone seen/used these mobile air-bag jackets? Reviews??

Priller Safety Jacket

I can't imagine how expensive they'd be :warranty: but I'm in the market for a new jacket sooner or later --- probably later with a new (to me) bike on the way!

• Member Contributer

i havent use THAT ONE.. i have a Pharaoh and it worked great!! i am on #2 as i trashed #1 in a 120mph highside. and yes i came off the bikeand it inflated before i hit the ground.. :fing02:

While I know nothing about any of them, they seem to be getting popular as of recently. Here's another company making the same idea:

http://www.armoredairjackets.com/index.php

Edit: Holy hell, apparently the company is based right around the corner from me too!!!

I'm outside the US right now (SE Asia) visiting relatives for the holidays and was checking out an airbag vest made by Spidi with only a neck (collar) bag on it. Looks cool with a mesh body and what seems to be two gas cyclinders with ribbed hoses going from the chest to the collar. It also includes a small back protector. The price was lowered for the holidays to around 350 US dollars. Thought it was still a bit steep for not having more air bags on it to protect other areas of the upper torso like this Aprilia jacket has, but I do have a big, heavy noggin that might justify buying the thing........have until the 3rd of Jan to decide before heading back home.....

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

Priller Safety Jacket

I can't imagine how expensive they'd be :warranty: but I'm in the market for a new jacket sooner or later --- probably later with a new (to me) bike on the way!

the airbag jackets all seem to be tethered to the bike via a lanyard. What happens when I forget to undo the clip, would it inflate informing everyone what a p*ick I'd been or does it actually require substantial effort to deploy ?

Are they a use once (ie weak stitching gives way on purpose) or can they be repacked ?

• Member Contributer

Priller Safety Jacket

the airbag jackets all seem to be tethered to the bike via a lanyard. What happens when I forget to undo the clip, would it inflate informing everyone what a p*ick I'd been or does it actually require substantial effort to deploy ?

Are they a use once (ie weak stitching gives way on purpose) or can they be repacked ?

i HAVE forgotten more than once! :wacko:

however.. i only popped the CO2 one time when i lost my balance.. and it was fully inflated before i hit the ground.. i just had to remove the co2 bottle and repack the jacket..then install a new co2 :fing02:

• Member Contributer

We had a company, AirVest, in town that raised money from private investors to develop an airbag vest. The guy had a nice big warehouse and an Evil Kneivel endorsement. Supposedly he had a product ready to release for several years. He now has spent the last 5 years or so in jail on federal securities charges. Good to see a similiar product is now available.

• Member Contributer

I have two Hit Air jackets: rather one jacket & one vest. They work....don't ask how....

http://www.eggparka.com/english/main.html

Also RS Tachi leathers can be had with the air bag asystem as well as Dianese

• Member Contributer

I have two Hit Air jackets: rather one jacket & one vest. They work....don't ask how....

http://www.eggparka.com/english/main.html

Also RS Tachi leathers can be had with the air bag asystem as well as Dianese

Very interesting - thx thurkun - I wonder how long it will be before these sorts of things will be mandated? Anyway, can you remember what sort of dollars you paid for the jacket in the US?

Anyone in Australia with these jackets? ... I've not yet seen them around.

Archived