6th gen throttlebody assembly on '01 5th gen engine

Ranger77

Question

• Member Contributer

No, this isn't a dumb question. I know the connectors are the same as the 5th gen's. I know I'd need to use a 6th gen airbox since the top of the throttle bodies are different. The main part of this question is are the throttle bodies angled the same as 5th gen's and will align with the insulators?

• Answers 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

Every thing is hooked up. I was having troubles with the pump not priming. It helps if you plug in the injector harness. *DOH*

I didnt have enough gas in the tank for the engine to fully crank over but it wanted to start. I'll have it running tomorrow. Still have to miss with mounting the rear coils. Theyre touching the bottom of the tank where I mounted them.

Sorry for not having any vids up. Still having to edit them. Work has been keeping me late, doing plumbing at home, passing out for an hour or so, and not falling asleep till 1 am or later.

• Member Contributer

Finally got them all uploaded. The first two vids is just showing the parts. The rest is as much of the process I could cover.

Parts

The transformation.

• Member Contributer

Damn. I've never posted a running vid. I'm really am sorry guys. I know I'm just a big tease sometimes. I just don't have a good setup for mounting a camera. Everything I try is just too damn shaky.

• Member Contributer

Years later. LoL. Bikes been running fine. Just did a 2100 mile trip to Florida and back. Averaged 45-48mpg with luggage, moderate to heavy winds, and insanely heavy raining.

• Member Contributer

Great to hear!!!

Thanks to your trail blazing I'd heard about I'm putting '09 throttle bodies on '99 5th gen motor for my RVF800 track bike project...

Thank you!!!

...I reckon I should watch the videos now... :blush:

Archived