Australian MCN reporting Honda V4 Dual Sport for 2012

TexOz

• Member Contributer

I'd certainly be interested in seeing this new bike, if it ever appears. That new Ducati MS1200s is at the top of my very short list for my new bike, maybe next year, but if a few more details "leak" out about this one I might just have to wait another year or so and see what happens. I do like the reliability and lower service costs of a Honda over a Ducati, although saying that everything I've been reading about the new Ducati engine looks like the servicing cost difference is much less than was and it does look like one sexy bike. :goofy:

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

VD....hmmm...someone dropped the ball in the marketing department on that one.

"Look what I brought home honey! A new VD!"

"You're sleeping on the couch and I want a divorce!"

:goofy:

• Member Contributer

VD....hmmm...someone dropped the ball in the marketing department on that one.

"Look what I brought home honey! A new VD!"

"You're sleeping on the couch and I want a divorce!"

:goofy:

Yeah that's a classic...........

A chain of stores in the Netherlands is named after 2 families: Vroom en Dreesman......... V&D

In the company I work for, we had a sales organisation called Volume Direct.

Cue a french guy saying in a worldwide call

They need to FOCus more!! (wrongly placed stress)

We need more VD!!!!

:laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

I'd certainly be interested in seeing this new bike, if it ever appears. That new Ducati MS1200s is at the top of my very short list for my new bike, maybe next year, but if a few more details "leak" out about this one I might just have to wait another year or so and see what happens. I do like the reliability and lower service costs of a Honda over a Ducati, although saying that everything I've been reading about the new Ducati engine looks like the servicing cost difference is much less than was and it does look like one sexy bike. :goofy:

Ditto. But I'm going to wait it out for better side cases on the Multistrada. I hear the current ones are flimsy.

• Member Contributer

OK, fill me in here, what does VD stand for?

Venereal Disease - pertaining to any number of sexually transmitted diseases contracted during sexual intercourse.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Just wanted to post a picture in this thread of the two new Adventure Honda V4 bikes for completeness - yes I'm OCD :happy:

In hindsight it seems that the bikes are likely to be released in 2011 - but not bad reporting overall from AMCN given that they broke the news in early(ish) Sep this year :fing02:

gallery_19264_5124_3178.jpg

2011-honda-crossrunner3.jpg

gallery_19264_5124_15741.jpg

crossover4.jpg

Moderators - feel free to put this thread into the new Crossrunner forum - cheers!

Archived