Triump ST clip ons on VFR?

Ranger77

Question

6 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

Isn't the 6th gens 43 mm?

yup. Looks like there are no locking nubs like stock vfr clipons have so they should just bolt right on a 6gen.

yup. Looks like there are no locking nubs like stock vfr clipons have so they should just bolt right on a 6gen.

Remember, clip ons with locking nubs are just few minutes work with a Dremel to fix and make fit on to any bike with the right fork tube diameter and faring clearance.. That's all it took for me to fit VTR bars on my 4th gen....

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

Remember, clip ons with locking nubs are just few minutes work with a Dremel to fix and make fit on to any bike with the right fork tube diameter and faring clearance.. That's all it took for me to fit VTR bars on my 4th gen....

Beck

95 VFR

Yup, 30 seconds with a hacksaw and then it's insta fit...........I did it with the 4th bars on my 5th.

• Member Contributer

I was cruising around ebay and saw these '05 Triumph ST clip ons and they look pretty tall. Says they are 43mm.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triumph-Sprint-Handlebars-Clip-ons-Right-Left-43mm-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ250684159607QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I'm no big fan of locating tabs or screws, but the clamping surface on these looks to be half or less of the VFR bars. This is one of those places where lotsa friction is good.

Glenn

Archived