steering head center position "notch"

skymon

• Member Contributer

I took the front wheel off for a tire change and I noticed that the steering head has a slight "notch" or favorite position when centered. Normal? How (mechanically) is this acheived? (Its a 5th gen)

• Member Contributer

Oh yes. I'm suprised you only noticed it when you were taking the front wheel off. When mine were like that, the bike was almost unsteerable at speeds slower than 25-30mph.

get some good ole all balls tapered steering head bearings and lower your forks an additional 4mm. :cool:

Oh yes. I'm suprised you only noticed it when you were taking the front wheel off. When mine were like that, the bike was almost unsteerable at speeds slower than 25-30mph.

get some good ole all balls tapered steering head bearings and lower your forks an additional 4mm. :cool:

On the mark!!

Just a side... I believe it's more technically correct to say "lower the triples" or "raise the forks in the triples"...

Not bashing ya, just fomenting MC correctness... hehehe.

:laughing6-hehe:

get some good ole all balls tapered steering head bearings and RAISE your forks an additional 4mm. :ohmy:

Sounds like a great idea! :491:

Archived