IgniTech - Programable ignition and Injection

redmarque

• Member Contributer

While reading about programmable ignition and injection someone from 'elsewere' recommended IgniTech (Polish Company)

Anyway looking though their product list.. Honda PGM-FI – VFR 98-02

http://www.ignitech.cz/english/aindex.htm

Setup could be a challenge and at 458 Euro it’s not cheap either.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I have one of their CDI sparkers for my CX that hasn't been installed yet. A bunch of guys over at choppercharles.com have used them with good results and quality/customer service is good. I don't have any experience with their FI units.

-Jake

• 8 months later...
Guest VeFeRak

Hi,

Ignitech is a Czech company, quality is the same or better than PC. I know, that their ECU´s are on racing bikes and in CZE we use them rather than PC because they are fully programmable and you can have we can say "sharp" map from them.

• Member Contributer

Well, because a Power Commander only alters fueling, they really don't generate much more power.

But if you could increase the timing, and ran on higher octane fuel, there are some theoretical ponies to be gained.

• Member Contributer

Check this out http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/megasquirt-complete-c-25.html

This system is popular to run in engine swapped fieros, kit cars, and some tuning circles.

The Microsquirt variant of the Megasquirt would make much more sense. Part of the problem is making sure the breaker wheel signals from things like the crankshaft position sensor need to be supported; the VTR1000 has been successfully Microsquirted so perhaps the VFR800 would be a drop-in, but maybe not.

A winter in a heated garage and, say, a thousand US dollars to spend on test equipment and a Microsquirt and all the cabling/connectors could probably see it done the first time by someone knowledgeable, and I've considered diving into it but I never seem to have space or funding.