Tail Light Modulator

Guest danmurphymn

Guest danmurphymn

I had been looking for a while at tail light modulators and was recommended the "back off" modulator, hyperlights and a few others. I did however find what I've found to be a cheaper and really nice alternative. I found it at 3rdbrakelightflasher for $20 for the flasher. That's the cheapest I've found so far and it's the size of a quarter and waterproof. I then went to superbrightleds.com and bought a small red marker light and installed it where the reflector is on the bottom of the ugly black fender on my 6th gen. All in all I spent about $35 and I have a 12 led light that flashes along with my top stock brake light. I tried a video from my phone but it was pretty crappy. I'll try to get one if needed. I figured I'd post it because I like the look better than adding hyperlights and it was cheaper.

• 1 month later...
Guest KenTastic

Looks like a well-made product that works well. I'm thinking of getting one for each of my vehicles. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by KenTastic

• Member Contributer

I had been looking for a while at tail light modulators and was recommended the "back off" modulator, hyperlights and a few others. I did however find what I've found to be a cheaper and really nice alternative. I found it at 3rdbrakelightflasher for $20 for the flasher. That's the cheapest I've found so far and it's the size of a quarter and waterproof. I then went to superbrightleds.com and bought a small red marker light and installed it where the reflector is on the bottom of the ugly black fender on my 6th gen. All in all I spent about $35 and I have a 12 led light that flashes along with my top stock brake light. I tried a video from my phone but it was pretty crappy. I'll try to get one if needed. I figured I'd post it because I like the look better than adding hyperlights and it was cheaper.

Thanks so much for that Dan...ordered one of each today! Great bargain.

Guest danmurphymn

Here's a quick video. I hooked it up to my tail light bulb also for extra effect so I set the blink to medium. Not super bright but every step counts. You can see the mod I did with the led light on the lower fender also. I've been happy with it. The unit is tiny, easy to install, has many different modes and is quite a bit cheaper than any other modulator I was looking at.100_2808.MOV (if someone can help me actually post this video I'd appreciate it)

Well I ordered the modulator, but then had problems ordering the LED light.... Turns out they don't ship to Canada unless you purchase $25 or more.

If anyone in the US is ordering one for themselves I will gladly paypal you the money to order one for me, plus any additional shipping costs for you to forward it to me... Should only be $2-5.. It would truly be appreciated.

• Member Contributer

Another solution is something like this.

http://www.strobesnm...-super-led.html

It has 3 one watt leds in a weather proof housing with a built in flasher that lets you select between a half dozen flash patterns and retails for right at $40.

It is BRIGHT.

I have one on my KLR commuter/DS and have ordered another for the viffer to replace my hyperlights.

The video on the web site gives you a pretty good indication of the what it does. My only qualification is the vid doesn't get across just hpw bright the thing is.

Jim

disclaimer: I have NO financial or personal interest in the vendor.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PastorGumby

Another solution is something like this.

http://www.strobesnm...-super-led.html

It has 3 one watt leds in a weather proof housing with a built in flasher that lets you select between a half dozen flash patterns and retails for right at $40.

It is BRIGHT.

I have one on my KLR commuter/DS and have ordered another for the viffer to replace my hyperlights.

The video on the web site gives you a pretty good indication of the what it does. My only qualification is the vid doesn't get across just hpw bright the thing is.

Jim

disclaimer: I have NO financial or personal interest in the vendor.

Do you have a picture of it mounted on your KLR?

First post here, so Hey everyone! I looked at the T1Rs and TL3s but came across this lamp back in April and it seemed perfect. It is an Ecco 3510 LED found here: Ecco 3510 It has 24, 1-watt hi intensity LEDs in a package measuring just 3.3 in. x 1.1 in. x 0.4 in. deep. Which is the EXACT same size as the reflector mounted just above the license plate on a VFR and ST1100!

100_5235.JPG

and with the brake on:

100_5237.JPG

It is very bright and makes sure those behind you know you are slowing/stopping. I am very happy with it on my ST and plan to mount one on my VFR asap!

First post here, so Hey everyone!

and with the brake on:

100_5237.JPG

It is very bright and makes sure those behind you know you are slowing/stopping. I am very happy with it on my ST and plan to mount one on my VFR asap!

I have something like that but with a single line of leds, they flash in selectable patterns. Best $10. bucks I ever spent.

While we're in the subject, how about this;

hVhy.jpg

I know someone who imports led strips, flexible tape with leds that can follow a contour. (audi-like)I bet these would work great too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Well I ordered the modulator, but then had problems ordering the LED light.... Turns out they don't ship to Canada unless you purchase $25 or more.

If anyone in the US is ordering one for themselves I will gladly paypal you the money to order one for me, plus any additional shipping costs for you to forward it to me... Should only be $2-5.. It would truly be appreciated.

Where are you located in Canada?

A local company here sells LED's and Modulators.

CDNAutoWorks

Edited by slowbird