Pictures of lowered VFR 6th gen

Guest forzajuve

Guest forzajuve

Hi,

I am new to this forum, and just recently bought a 2004 vfr. I have been impressed by them since I first layed my eyes on them, and so far I haven't been disappointed. But one thing: the height. I am short ... with a short inseam (it doesn't help). At first I thougth that tiptoeing would have been ok and I would get used to it, but now it is just annoying. So I started searching for lowering links (found an interesting kit from sigma cycle) and I am considering shaving part of the seat as well. What I can't find though (and if I haven't looked hard enough I apologize) are pictures of how the vfr looks with the front/rear suspensions lowered, and or/a lower seat. With or without rider. I am curious to see how much difference it makes. I understand there will be some clearance loss, and I am ok with that ... I just would like to put my feet down :)

Thanks for the help.

• Member Contributer

Welcome. PM member "skuuter trash". He has lowered a couple VFRs. Hell, I think he lowers all his bikes.

• Member Contributer

There are quite a few folks that have lowered their VFRs by raising the folks and flipping the rear shock triangles

TinyMinds has a write up here. on raising the forks in the triple tree. Skuuter chimed in on that thread as well.

Good luck!

-travis

Hi and welcome to VFRD! :laughing6-hehe:

Yes, lowering the VFR is very easy, at the bottom of the rear shock there are two triangle plates and all you have to do is rotate them one bolt hole and it drops teh rear about 1 1/2" if I remember correctly. Then just slide the forks up in the triple to lower the front the same amount or slightly less. :excl:

Should be a write-up somewhere on the triangle plates.

BR

Guest forzajuve

Thanks for the info and feedbacks. I did read about lowering the bike ... I just wanted to see it lowered before I did it .... :) I guess it is just as easy putting it back if things don't work out. Thanks!

Thanks for the info and feedbacks. I did read about lowering the bike ... I just wanted to see it lowered before I did it .... :) I guess it is just as easy putting it back if things don't work out. Thanks!

Take care when you park your bike, it will stand more upright on the kickstand after you lower it. Depending on how much you lower it, it could be knocked or blown over very easily!

If you decide that you like having the bike lower, you should shorten your kickstand. (or buy a second one that you can shorten and install). Sigma Cycles includes a shorter kickstand with their lowering kit.

• Member Contributer

I have a 5th gen lowered front and rear, with shaved seat, shaved windscreen, shortened kickstand and CBR F4 mirrors. The bike itself doesn't look any different, just lower. The bike did take on a better look with the lower windscreen and mirrors, though, and eliminated the wind buffeting. The triangle method works great - it lowered the rear approx 3/4" and so I took up the forks in the trees a similar amount. I had to adjust a couple times to get it dialed in. Watch out for high speed bumps! The kickstand I had shortened by a machine shop, taking 1/2" out the middle. I had the shop bevel the edges to get a nice bead in the seam before grinding smooth, as suggested by another VFRD member. Center stand OK, just have to pull up harder. The bike fits me great at 5'-4".

Pics in my gallery if interested. Good luck!

Guest forzajuve

Thanks, I am going to try the triangle flip thing first. I am taking my bike to the dealer for some other maintenance anyway, and he agreed that even though they never done it that way before it may work. I did find some pictures showing the difference... I am curious to sit on it afterward. I will take some pictures of before and after for future reference.

• Member Contributer

My dad has his 07 lowered. Something the PO did. It does have the shortened kickstand. If you find that you want the bike to lean over more, let me know and I'll see if my dad would be willing to swap with you.