5th gen top mount with corbin side bags?

Guest turbo9

Guest turbo9

Looking for a rack to mount a sears top truck on a 5th gen with corbin side beetle bags.. do they make one that mounts to you grab handles in back so you still can have a rider?

I use a Givi bracket on mine. I think it is the older style though. It's my understanding the newer ones go down and attaches to the Frankenbolts as well as the grab handle mounts..

gallery_1859_551_740707.jpg

gallery_1859_551_2908356.jpg

• Member Contributer

Ken's racks are solo racks. OP is looking for a rack that works for two-up riding -- Givi?

I use a Givi bracket on mine. I think it is the older style though. It's my understanding the newer ones go down and attaches to the Frankenbolts as well as the grab handle mounts..

Indeed.

I have today completed fitting such a Monorack to my FiY. The arms and plate came from eBay here in UK, and I made the internal supports and bought (from California - excellent service) all the spacers needed separately since the parts are not available from Givi as spares.

We don't "do" beetle bags over here, so I also have a full Wingrack setup as an alternative. The bolts for the lower arms are visible on the bottom of the pillion pegs.

ADD: the second pic shows the mounting details. At the front is a support stay to tie the frankenbolt to to the peg mount bolt (DIY from 2mm Aluminium); at the back are the spacers to support the main bracket.

post-4110-066362900 1277502025_thumb.jpg

post-4110-095299100 1277503154_thumb.jpg

gallery_1859_551_740707.jpg

gallery_1859_551_2908356.jpg

do you have a part number for that rack? thats what I want....

Don't get that one. Get the standard Monorack as mine.

Givi changed/withdrew the design because it is inherently weak as it cantilevers off the back of the subframe. Honda learned the same lesson with their original 6th Gen top rack before modifying it.

AFAIK it is no longer available new. Go see the Givi website or a stockist.

Givi changed/withdrew the design because it is inherently weak as it cantilevers off the back of the subframe. Honda learned the same lesson with their original 6th Gen top rack before modifying it.

Shhhhh, I was just about to offer to sell him mine so I can get a new designed one. goofy.gif

• Member Contributer

It's not available new but they pop up here and on eBay. I've had one for about 8 years and haven't had a problem over many thousands of miles. I have seen one fail however, not catastrophically but it was cracked at the mount.

• Member Contributer

True enough, stay away from this design

Archived