Ladies I need your help...

Rush2112

• Member Contributer

Ok, a little background info... my wife has not been on a ride with me since the day she found out she was pregnant with our first child. Saturday night the kids are at grandpa's and she says,"you know it would be fun to ride to Loveless Cafe for breakfast tomorrow". I'm amazed, confused. speechless..

"I can get you a helmet!!!" I blurt out... she wants her own:(

I need to get her a nice, comfortable, stylish helmet & jacket before she changes her mind... not that she ever changes her mind, but from what I understand it is her prerogative.

It as been 13 yrs since we have rode together, any info what and where to buy will be greatly appreciated. Thanks... Russ

P.S. she is petite, small helmet & jacket...

• Member Contributer

Invite her to select something off the newenough.com site. And take her somewhere to try on some helmets since you can't just fit them via mail order.

• Member Contributer

Invite her to select something off the newenough.com site. And take her somewhere to try on some helmets since you can't just fit them via mail order.

Perfectly spoken...uh...worded. I have use our local dealerships as "fitting rooms" and ordered several things for my daughters as well as my wife from http://www.newenough.com/ . Lots to chose from for women and I used the XS women's size for my girls. Make sure you check out the closeout section as well! Great prices and great customer service.

• Member Contributer

I love newenough.com, and i hear their returns are very easy though i have never had to return any thing. I tend to use denniskirk.com for helmets, because i wear an xxs in hjc helmets and no one seems to have them on hand. They seem to have decent sales also. Trying stuff on is a must, since all brands have their own sizing, and being able to see and feel a product is a must. Good luck!

• Member Contributer

Measure her head (if this isn't already too late) and order the Joe Rocket 202 model from new enough on clearance. Whatever color you two decide on.

The helmet is really well made and all I have worn for the last 25 years are Arais and recently Sharks.

The liner is well made and removable for cleaning. Not as good as an Arai but at under $150...

Hello everyone. I'm not trying to hijack the thread but I have a similar issue. I'll get right to it.

I need help finding gear for Dr. Mrs. The Revengel. She's going to be a tough one to find gear for for the following reasons:

She's 4'10", Zaftig (that's busty/curvy for those who don't know), wears a size 5 1/2 (at the largest) shoe and had tiny hands. Think Burger King commercial (without the obvious CG - a woman's XS is about an inch too long on her fingers). Helmet is about the only place where I don't need to worry.

To break this down topic by topic:

Jacket. Is there a good source for protective gear that is cut for a curvy short woman? Or am I looking at custom gear? Or should I get an armor set & find a jacket that she can wear over it?

Gloves/Boots. Should I consider getting a set of kids gloves/boots? Will they be protective enough? Has anyone out here had a similar experience?

Pants: Should I try to go kids or have adult stuff hemed? Most of her stuff she get's hemed (unless it's Capri pants which fit just fine) but the concern I have with having someone hem the pants is the placement of the protective armor/pads.

Anything you can do to help would be great!

Thank you,

Revengel

You could also try "www.competitionaccessories.com" for gear. They have helmets and clothing at reasonable prices. Especially if you look at the closeouts.

I would agree with using a local dealer as a place to get size and fitment.

• Member Contributer

My roomate is in the same boat and has the same issues...she is 5'0" on a good day, large bust, with very small feet, and hands. In fact the one and only glove we have found that fit her fingers are Held, size 6 Short Roo's...not cheap but if you want them to fit.

The only jackets we have found that fit her are a Firstgear Killamanjaro for touring and when it rains and a Tourmaster Trinity for when it's hot and not raining.

She really wanted a Gerbings, Aerostitch or Dianese Panama D-Dry...however the sleeves were way too long and couldn't be shortened enough to fit her.

Finally for boots we had to get her Vega touring boots and then have the soles custom built up to 2" so she could reach the ground on her 2" lowered Moto Guzzi Breva 750 which also has 1" removed from the seat...now we have to order her wild hair accessories adjustable foot pegs so they can be moved back 2" so she can get her foot under the shifter while wearing the boots.

My roomate is in the same boat and has the same issues...she is 5'0" on a good day, large bust, with very small feet, and hands. In fact the one and only glove we have found that fit her fingers are Held, size 6 Short Roo's...not cheap but if you want them to fit.

The only jackets we have found that fit her are a Firstgear Killamanjaro for touring and when it rains and a Tourmaster Trinity for when it's hot and not raining.

She really wanted a Gerbings, Aerostitch or Dianese Panama D-Dry...however the sleeves were way too long and couldn't be shortened enough to fit her.

Finally for boots we had to get her Vega touring boots and then have the soles custom built up to 2" so she could reach the ground on her 2" lowered Moto Guzzi Breva 750 which also has 1" removed from the seat...now we have to order her wild hair accessories adjustable foot pegs so they can be moved back 2" so she can get her foot under the shifter while wearing the boots.

Thank you SOOOOO much!

Revengel

• Member Contributer

Aerostitch and Dianese can custom make jackets and pants..

go to a tailor and have them measure her. while you film it.. also.. put here on the bike and measure while she is in her fav riding position. make sure you go from base of helment to where she wants the jacket to end at her backside.. all of this while wearing a good fitting non stretch shirt that you can send to them.

if the ladies have trouble finding boots.. go for kids sizes ditto for gloves and helmets.

• Member Contributer

If you are able to find what you want at you local dealer or they are able to order it in, in a few days, why not support your local businesses??? I frequently am able to get them to beat, match, or come very close to pricing from the online sites. Relationships help too. I have noticed that by using the same local parts dept employee and going in person to talk to him, he frequently gives me discounts that I don't think I would otherwise get. By supporting local business I keep dollars in my community, and hopefully these guys will stay in business so when I NEED the dealer, he is there. Just my 2 cents...

P.S. Yes, I've done my share of shopping at Newenough.com et al and have always gotten good service and have nothing against them...

Archived