You Yank Are Feckin Awsome

Guest VifferDude

Guest VifferDude

Just a quick post to let the Yanks know how good they are!. :beatdeadhorse:

I ordered a new inner fairing and the corner fairing that goes next to instrumentation along with some bolts and trim clips from Honda Line and just recieved them. In Australia the Inner Fairing is $120, at Honda Line US it was $40. I replaced a fairing a while ago and paid $800 for it, it's just over $300US which would be about $360AU with todays exchange rate. Postage wasn't to bad either, just $7!. It only took 5 days!

If you're prepared to wait I def order from Honda Line and have it sent over!

gallery_14066_5376_694627.jpg

IMG_0301.JPG

Detailed Results:

Attempted Delivery Abroad, May 25, 2010, 8:15 am, AUSTRALIA

At Foreign Delivery Unit, May 25, 2010, 7:04 am, AUSTRALIA

Out of Foreign Customs, May 24, 2010, 1:27 pm, AUSTRALIA

Into Foreign Customs, May 24, 2010, 1:17 pm, AUSTRALIA

Arrived Abroad, May 24, 2010, 1:17 pm, AUSTRALIA

International Dispatch, May 21, 2010, 4:31 pm, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

Arrival

Electronic Shipping Info Received, May 21, 2010

Acceptance, May 20, 2010, 1:51 pm, BELLAIRE, OH 43906

I ordered a new inner fairing and the corner fairing that goes next to instrumentation along with some bolts and trim clips from Honda Line and just recieved them. In Australia the Inner Fairing is $120, at Honda Line US it was $40. I replaced a fairing a while ago and paid $800 for it, it's just over $300US which would be about $360AU with todays exchange rate. Postage wasn't to bad either, just $7!. It only took 5 days!

Do you have a link? I did a bit of searching but couldn't find them.

Cheers

Do you have a link? I did a bit of searching but couldn't find them.

Cheers

http://www.hdlparts.com/default.asp

• Member Contributer

Glad it worked out, now you owe us all a beer. :warranty:

And to all Canadians too!! :beatdeadhorse:

Glad it worked out!

cheers, :beer:

c

Hey that is one really priceless piece of information Vifferdude... I usually get a mate over in the USA te buy stuff for me at Ryan Ayres , have it sent to him and then have him send it to me... this obviously delays the ETA to me... and also makes more work for my faithful 'Mericun friends (thanks guys, you rock and all know you have free acommodation over here in the sunny south of Spain).

BTW... if you're an Aussie, shouldn't you have used the nick VifferCobber?? :blink:

• Member Contributer

Just to let you know, Honda MPE Australia (they do the motorbikes) know all about this price disparity problem, and they keep raising the issue with Honda Japan. And Honda Japan consistently doesn't do anything about it. They charge a wholesale price to Australia, which Australia passes on to the dealers, which charge RRP.

It's ridiculous yes, but Honda Australia is merely a "Genpo", or small business, to Honda Japan and words fall on deaf ears.

• Member Contributer

Good to hear VifferDude... my 51 lower came with minimal fuss.

So much easier and economical I have to moderate myself sometimes.

Archived