Dual Star Customer Service Issue

ECX585

• Member Contributer

On Monday May 3, I called Dual Star and ordered a set of heated grip elements (I had to call because they have no online ordering system on their website). I paid extra money for Priority Mail shipping so that I'd receive the items in time to install them over the weekend.

As of today (Monday May 10) the items have still not arrived, but even more concerning is the fact that I have not been able to get a hold of anyone at the company.

I see no customer service email address listed on the website and approximately 6-10 phone calls placed Friday and today have been met either by a "voice mail-box is full" message or a "your call cannot be completed" message.

What do you guys think? Has anyone had positive or negative experiences with this company in the past?

I've ordered from them in the past and as I recall had a difficult time getting them on the phone one day. Once I talked with them and ordered everything, it was fine. Even had to order just one grip once because it was shorted by a hole in the bar that had a burr on it (not their issue). Overall it wasn't fantastic customer service, but wasn't bad either.

• Member Contributer

If you check ADVRider you will see a long thread of complaints about that crappy company. Do a search for symtek (or something like that) grip heaters and you should find pretty much the exact same kit. I think I bought from sportour.com or something like that and they arrived quickly.

If you check ADVRider you will see a long thread of complaints about that crappy company. Do a search for symtek (or something like that) grip heaters and you should find pretty much the exact same kit. I think I bought from sportour.com or something like that and they arrived quickly.

I thought the Symtec design was slightly sifferent with the element pattern different from right to left bar so that the heating is more even with the difference in the right having the plastic throttle sleeve. The nice 3 position switch that Symtec provides looks much better than the very primitive looking metal toggle type switch supplied by Dual Star (My dad had tools in the 1960's with the same ugly looking switch!). I dunno why people bother with Dual Stars as I think the Symtec is actually a better product for pretty much the same price. Haven't heard of any custoemr service problems with Symtec.

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

Re: symtec

The only reason i'm going with dual star is because the bike already has them installed(along with the $60 heat-troller variable switch).

I'm going to replace the current convertibars with stock bars and I decided that I better have an extra set of heated grips to install just in case the old ones don't come off well.

Thanks for the replies.

Re: symtec

The only reason i'm going with dual star is because the bike already has them installed(along with the $60 heat-troller variable switch).

I'm going to replace the current convertibars with stock bars and I decided that I better have an extra set of heated grips to install just in case the old ones don't come off well.

Thanks for the replies.

IIRC, the Heat-troller switch works with both Dual Star and Symtec heaters, so if there is a problem with switching them over, do also consider looking at the Symtec system as a replacement. It's a good product and had been working on my 95 flawlessly since I installed it over 3 years ago.

Good luck with the bar switchover, hope every does work out OK. :goofy:

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

I can verify that the Symtec customer service is great! I accidentally ordered the wrong toggle switch, so I called them up, got ahold of someone right away, and they sent me a free one in the mail that day, arrived only a few days later. I called expecting to order the part, but they sent it to me free and quickly.

And yes, Symtec will work with your heat controller.

Archived