What's your favorite tank bag?

Guest ddpemberton

Are you looking for something to travel with or for day ride use?

I've got a Joe Rocket manta, its great for the day trip stuff when I don't want to put the hard bags on.

Oh ya and they use an 06 VFR for their catalog model :cheerleader:

manta-tb.jpg

Great bag, I use it all the time and it never let's me down, great powerful magnets. :biggrin:

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...
  • Member Contributer

Will the Givi tank lock system for vfr vtec versions work on a 5th gen? The gas caps look the same. Chat with Givi says they have not tested it on the 5th gen version.

I just checked fiche and the part numbers are the same for 5th and 6th gens. So I'm going to bet YES.

Thanks anyway.

• Member Contributer

Will the Givi tank lock system for vfr vtec versions work on a 5th gen? The gas caps look the same. Chat with Givi says they have not tested it on the 5th gen version.

I just checked fiche and the part numbers are the same for 5th and 6th gens. So I'm going to bet YES.

Thanks anyway.

Yes it will, I have one on my '01 and my '09. I believe the part number is BF03. I was also able to put one on my '95 Duc, I went to the Ducati dealer and took a stencil of the gas cap on an 848 and turned out to have the same bolt pattern!

• Member Contributer

Thanks anyway.

Yes it will, I have one on my '01 and my '09. I believe the part number is BF03. I was also able to put one on my '95 Duc, I went to the Ducati dealer and took a stencil of the gas cap on an 848 and turned out to have the same bolt pattern!

Thanks Duc, I ordered one yesterday

• Member Contributer

Thanks anyway.

After reading this, I should clarify the remark about the one for my Duc. It is the same bolt pattern as the ring meant for the Ducati 848 not the Honda bolt pattern. That being said the same ring the works for the 6 Gen VFR is the same as the one for the 5 Gen VFR. Just wanted to clarify this.

Archived