Ok.... black radiators, red grills, both 'Interceptor' and fender gone........

coderighter

• Member Contributer

I also have Remus Carbon fibers, but I'm a little Photoshop-ed out right now. You'll just have to picture it in your mind....for now.

gallery_15527_4691_82575.jpg

VFR 3

• Member Contributer

I'm not sold on it. Looks like fishnet stockings to me.

Hmmm....

I, for one, have no issue with fishnet stockings... :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I like the red "fishnet stockings" look a lot. It's very sexy. A couple of other very small red trim accents here and there would really pop the red. Go too far and it gets tacky. It doesn't take much -smaller is better. Maybe a red rear wheel center plastic plug, or red anodized screws holding on the black bar weights. That would give it a low-key look but still draw the eye.

The look of the black radiator (especially with the red grille) appeals to me but I would be worried about any coating that would diminish the already-strapped cooling capabilities of the radiators on the VFR. Any coating is going to lower the heat transfer efficiency and even one iota of loss in this department is too much.

I need a new left grille in my Gen5 as I got the bike pre-crashed and that is the last visible thing that was damaged in the wreck that I have not repaired or replaced. I also like the red grille and wonder if anyone is making them in red or you just are thinking of painting them red. Do you think the paint is going to adhere well to the plastic -especially since the radiators get really damn hot? (that's what they do).

The grille seemed a pretty pricey item when I was looking for a replacement a year or so back. I'd hate to paint it and have it start to look all crappy as the paint flecked off here and there. But if I do end up getting a replacement I might just experiment with painting the old one just to see how well it holds up in the long run. Don't know if red would work with my Grey/Black paint scheme but maybe if it was the only red part it might just "pop." Maybe I'll try to Photoshop it like you did.