I need to replace my left high beam but don't know which one to get.

2FAST4U

• Member Contributer

Actually, I know which one to get (another Silvania Cool Blue); the problem is, I can't find my receipt (from over a year ago) with the part number. I realize there are replacement guides online (as well as in auto parts stores); however, since they're for cars, they're not going to do me much good.

If you know which one I need, let me know. I need to hurry up and get it so I can get my bike inspected and registered in Texas.

As always, thanks in advance for your help (and remember, I need the high beam):

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/HighPerformance/CoolBlue/ProductLine/

Actually, I know which one to get (another Silvania Cool Blue); the problem is, I can't find my receipt (from over a year ago) with the part number. I realize there are replacement guides online (as well as in auto parts stores); however, since they're for cars, they're not going to do me much good.

If you know which one I need, let me know. I need to hurry up and get it so I can get my bike inspected and registered in Texas.

As always, thanks in advance for your help (and remember, I need the high beam):

http://www.sylvania....ue/ProductLine/

6th gen uses an H7 in the high beams H4 in the low beams

• Member Contributer

The online microfiche indicates that the high beam is an H7 style bulb so on the light website, I believe you would want the H7CB (Cool Blue). The low beams are an H4 style bulb.

• Member Contributer

Which online microfiche are you referring to? I checked the online VTEC manual but didn't see it. Don't get me wrong; I believe you about the part number because now that you guys mention it, it rings a bell.

• Member Contributer

As usual, you guys were right about H7 CB being the one I needed. I've already installed it and it looks good (I made sure not to touch the bulb.)

I've already got the chain guard on and I'm ready to get this thing inspected and registered. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Every state is different. Pennsylvania requires a chain guard. (The state of) Washington doesn't even require safety inspections for motorcycles. No joke.

A New Year's Day ride wouldn't have worked for me anyway. I wasn't feeling well that day or the night before. I wasn't 100% last weekend, either.

• Member Contributer

Which online microfiche are you referring to? I checked the online VTEC manual but didn't see it. Don't get me wrong; I believe you about the part number because now that you guys mention it, it rings a bell.

I usually use Ron Ayers for an OEM online microfiche, I believe it says H7 on the microfiche.

RonAyers

Archived