My 8 spoker

KevCarver

• Member Contributer

OK, so I finally got my wheel back from the "straightener" and threw a quick coat of copper metallic rattle can on it to see what would happen. I don't think the picture color is balanced right, so it doesn't look quite right to me in the pic. Pretty close. Anyway, what ya think? I'll get a tire on it and on the bike eventually. Today was spent getting the RC back in track clothes (after a quick spin).

Copper8Spoke.jpg

Guest vfrrider

All depends on the rest of the bike. I personally prefer the Summer Blonde Metallic color from Honda, more subtle.

We'll see, when the pics with the bike are shown.

Larry

VFRrider

• Member Contributer

All depends on the rest of the bike. I personally prefer the Summer Blonde Metallic color from Honda, more subtle.

We'll see, when the pics with the bike are shown.

Larry

VFRrider

They didn't have that at ACE...

• Member Contributer

First off, I don't have a proper camera. Just my phone, and occasionally it turns out really good. Other times, not so much.

Anyway, fitted up a tire and mounted on the bike. Here's a look in the sun:

1105091019.jpg

1105091019a.jpg

1105091019b.jpg

Nope, nothing on the front yet. Thinking of also hitting the radiator grills with the same color.

• Member Contributer

That's pretty nice... I like it!

You gotta love those 8 spokers...

Here's mine that I did last month. I have over 1000 miles on this wheel since painted, and not a nick or flake has occured.

VFR003.jpg

AK47005-1.jpg

PIC-0152-2.jpg

• Member Contributer

I used Rustoleum wheel paint, and so far it's holding up well. What kind of paint did you use?

That looks nice!

Mine is just a test spray with ACE Hardware brand copper metal flake. I didn't do much prep on it. Just cleaned it off and put down two color and two clear coats on it. Already went through it on a couple small spots getting the tire on. I think I like it enough to see if I can get it close enough matched in powder coat.

Guest vfrrider

OK, I'm afraid now your stuck. Definitely front wheel and front rotor support. MAYBE just a touch somewhere higher for balance. Something along the lines of the Honda wing on the tank. Ditch the road runner decal. Easy on the radiator, maybe just the screen. IMHO and all worth the $.02 paid.

It is definitely copper though, shows off the red nicely.

Whatta I know anyway, I still think white is a color.

Larry

VFRrider

• Member Contributer

OK, I'm afraid now your stuck. Definitely front wheel and front rotor support. MAYBE just a touch somewhere higher for balance. Something along the lines of the Honda wing on the tank. Ditch the road runner decal. Easy on the radiator, maybe just the screen. IMHO and all worth the $.02 paid.

It is definitely copper though, shows off the red nicely.

Whatta I know anyway, I still think white is a color.

Larry

VFRrider

Thanks for the input Larry. For sure, the rear is not the only thing to change. I just did the rattle can treatment to see if I liked it. I'm hoping that I can get it close in powder, and do the front wheel too. Yes, just the rad screen. I saw another 5th gen with painted radiator screens matching the wheels and I liked the idea. Woody is staying, though! :biggrin:

Thanks for the input Larry. For sure, the rear is not the only thing to change. I just did the rattle can treatment to see if I liked it. I'm hoping that I can get it close in powder, and do the front wheel too. Yes, just the rad screen. I saw another 5th gen with painted radiator screens matching the wheels and I liked the idea. Woody is staying, though! :biggrin:

Kevin, If you have something small you can paint, bring it this weekend and I'll give it to the guy I work with that powdercoats. He can probably match it up to something.

Archived