Any Advice On Performance Upgrades?

Guest HobbyBob517

Guest HobbyBob517

Yeah, it's me again,

been searching the net for a while now, and i can't seem to find any propper performance parts for my RC24

the only thing i can find is the K&N air cleaner (Got it!) and the power commander which probably doesn't fit on such an old bike.

any ideas?

THANX!

• Member Contributer

You can try new sprockets, won't technically add horsepower, but will make the bike feel more zippy at the expense of a few more revs on the highway.

Guest HobbyBob517
You can try new sprockets, won't technically add horsepower, but will make the bike feel more zippy at the expense of a few more revs on the highway.

Yeah but that isn't what i'm looking for,

my other bike has like a million caburateur options, it also has 3 or 4 cylinder and piston options, even has ignition options,

and this is a bike from the 70's!

why isn't there anything like that for my RC24?

Because Honda (or more specifically HRC) went off on its own tack with racing VFRs - you could buy HRC kit stuff at exhorbitant prices, or you could go race another manufacturers bike. Most people went with other manufacturers... so there wasn't much HRC stuff out there in the first place. The homologation specials (RC30 etc.) made this even worse.

There's just not much available, unfortunately... you need to take some weight out of the bike instead.

Since you are from the Netherlands, check out LASER exhausts, they make a full system for your bike.

But yeah, that's about it for performance parts, intake and exhaust. Other than that, you're on your own.

If you were a machining/engine building guru, maybe you could figure out how to install some CBR900 pistons or something, not that I've ever heard of it being done, nor do I know if it's even possible.

BUT, having said that, I know some enterprising individuals who dropped CBR900 pistons into a bored out (early) CBR600 to come up with a 695!

• Member Contributer

my other bike has like a million caburateur options, it also has 3 or 4 cylinder and piston options, even has ignition options,

You can rejet your carbeurator, a slightly richer mix (especially with aftermarket exhaust) might run SLIGHTLY better...

no bolt on carbs, cams, pistons, etc, though. Sorry.

Jack up the license plate and drive a CBR1000RR under it. Lower the license plate, bolt it on, and you just picked up a whole bunch of horsepower.

You can rejet your carbeurator, a slightly richer mix (especially with aftermarket exhaust) might run SLIGHTLY better...

no bolt on carbs, cams, pistons, etc, though. Sorry.

I would contact somebody like JE pistons and see if they have any big bore pistons in their database.

They have lot's of custom pistons that are not listed in online or paper catalogs.

The 870cc slugs for the vfr800 are one example.

Or they might even be able to tell you if another piston from a different application will fit (like say a cbr900 oversize piston).

You just have to some phone work and ask questions.