2003 Vfr800a W/ Custom Motad Headers & Leo Vince Exhaust

masari.jones

• Member Contributer

It looks like the non-removeable mufflers' in pipes have been coated too. If so, did jet-hot have issues with that or charge more, etc?

I'm not crazy about the straps covering the logos. I peeled mine off immediately after my initial sound check. I thought if they got too hot they might set and become harder to peel off. Sounds like (pun intended) you need a PC or similar to get the most out of the system.

It looks like the non-removeable mufflers' in pipes have been coated too. If so, did jet-hot have issues with that or charge more, etc?

I'm not crazy about the straps covering the logos. I peeled mine off immediately after my initial sound check. I thought if they got too hot they might set and become harder to peel off. Sounds like (pun intended) you need a PC or similar to get the most out of the system.

Everything was coated except of course the carbon cans. Jet-hot did not have any issues coating the headers or pipes. The only problem I had was after the coating the pipes didn't want to slide into one another as easily as they did before the jet-hot so I had to clean up and lube the ends of the pipes so they would fit into one another.

Yeah I'm not thrilled with the straps covering the logo either, I'm planning on peeling them off this weekend.

One thing at a time... the PC is next on my list of things to do!

• Member Contributer

By eliminating the Cat and stock mufflers you're causing a bike that already tends to run lean to run even leaner. You can get away with changing the mufflers out, but with the catless headers you'll need a power commander (or other fueling module) to add more fuel to the mixture.

• Member Contributer

Beautiful job. Leave those baffles out. So you jett coated the stainless? Good move. My friends Jett coating seems indestructable on his 86 vfr.

There are no non-removable pipes. The mufflers are open at both ends, and you have to slide the pipe into the back end of the muffler.

Beautiful job. Leave those baffles out. So you jett coated the stainless? Good move. My friends Jett coating seems indestructable on his 86 vfr.

Thanks VFR Capt. Bob! I really like the look of an all black exhaust in this particular application.

By eliminating the Cat and stock mufflers you're causing a bike that already tends to run lean to run even leaner. You can get away with changing the mufflers out, but with the catless headers you'll need a power commander (or other fueling module) to add more fuel to the mixture.

You might be right, but I took the bike out for an 80 mile ride this past Sunday, and it sounded and felt great. I had a PC on my RC51 with Sato Banzai Mufflers and didn't really notice a difference. I was considering adding the PC and I may still. The problem with PC is that it kills fuel economy.

And you've got a 5th gen in the garage as well?

Lucky man!!! Exhaust sounds great!

Leave the baffles out!

Actually the Red bike belongs to my riding buddy. He has an '01 and just recently acquired the '98, so the '98 is being stored at my place until he sells the '01. In fact he just finished putting a custom exhaust on his, check it out... sounds mean!

Archived