4th Gen Streetfighter Completed

Guest GAZMAN

Got some more details/pics of the steering stem modification?
TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND I CAN EXPLAIN YOU smile.gif

What did you modify to make it work in the VFR frame? Was it too short/long?

the lenght of the steering stem was ok I only had to machine the upper bearing zone and the threads to match honda ones, then you only have to put a collar on the upper triple tree to match the difference of diametres and you are done:)

I'm not familiar with the 3 gen stem set-up, but I've had a set of 07 gsxr 600 forks sitting here for some time as they look to be a great 6th gen swap. They are the longest of any GSXR fork(close to rc51 range) 28 7/8"(733mm) and seem to use the same lower tree stem bearing as the Honda and as you found the stem seems to be a usable length. I was hoping to just find a upper bearing with the Honda O.D. & GSXR I.D.. :blush:

I found one of these surfing ebay but I never been able to find it again and I decided to machine the steering stem, think that the upper bearing of the gsxr ID is 30 mm and the vfr one is 28.6 mm I havent avaiable the OD but I remember it was a quite difficult bearing to find smile.gif Good luck and don´t forget to post here if you can find it smile.gif

Greetz smile.gif

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member Contributer

Gazman, that is dead brilliant, easily the best naked 3rd gen VFR750 I've seen. :fing02: :fing02: