What's The Going Rate For Some Catless Headers And Remus Ti Cans?

2FAST4U

• Member Contributer
Excluding shipping, approximately how much are these going for (used but in average to above average condition)?

Depending on the condition, catless headers go for $200-$250. Not sure about the cans.

Catless headers are next to impossible to find. Only place you're going to find them is if somebody totalled a '98/'99.

I bought my set new from Ron Ayers and they were not outrageous.

• Member Contributer

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54568

IIRC, these same headers were listed for $250 a few months back. $210 is definitely priced to sell. If I had the money I'd buy these, not so much for the performance, but the sound is phenomenal.

Yeah, I saw those (but have you ever dealt with the Canadian postal service? I have. No thanks.)

Right now I'm just trying to get a general idea.

Hold on their bubbalouie...... Whats so bad about the Canadian Postal Service? I use it to ship parts south all the time. Only had one issue - and they made me 100% whole with little fuss.

I've shipped an OEM exhaust that I gutted; south, as well as a set of Stane Tunes. No issues.

Drives me crazy when folks post up items for sale but say "USA only" - Canada is just a bit north of the USA and we cross border ship ALL the time.

Sorry - not trying to jack your thread, but I can't NOT respond to a negative statement about our postal service and the possible side effects that it could cause those of us that are here and are buying or selling parts with our VFRD friends in the USA.

Canada Post has been a very competent carrier in my experience. Their website sucks for tracking, but I think that part of the issue is at the border in US and or Canadian customs, as it seems that items sit there for extended time periods without much reason. Items seem to take far too long to clear the border - but thats not a Canada Post issue.

Right then - order your catless headers from Greg - so I can list mine for sale!! :biggrin:

• Member Contributer
Yeah, I saw those (but have you ever dealt with the Canadian postal service? I have. No thanks.)

Right now I'm just trying to get a general idea.

Hold on their bubbalouie...... Whats so bad about the Canadian Postal Service? I use it to ship parts south all the time. Only had one issue - and they made me 100% whole with little fuss.

I've shipped an OEM exhaust that I gutted; south, as well as a set of Stane Tunes. No issues.

Drives me crazy when folks post up items for sale but say "USA only" - Canada is just a bit north of the USA and we cross border ship ALL the time.

Sorry - not trying to jack your thread, but I can't NOT respond to a negative statement about our postal service and the possible side effects that it could cause those of us that are here and are buying or selling parts with our VFRD friends in the USA.

Canada Post has been a very competent carrier in my experience. Their website sucks for tracking, but I think that part of the issue is at the border in US and or Canadian customs, as it seems that items sit there for extended time periods without much reason. Items seem to take far too long to clear the border - but thats not a Canada Post issue.

Right then - order your catless headers from Greg - so I can list mine for sale!! :biggrin:

+1.gif

I don't know whose fault it is. What I do know is it takes a long time to get something from Canada (even when you're not that far from the border.) I've gotten stuff from Germany and Italy quicker than I've gotten it from Canada.

My gripe has nothing to do with the people. I've been to Canada many times and Cannucks have always treated me well. :fing02:

Canada is just a bit north of the USA . . . . . . . .

I was thinking it was the next country north of the USA :happy:

Canadians are cool folks. They thought I talked funny (see my home state) but then again I felt the same way about how they spoke. :biggrin:

+1.gif KK.

It depends on the shipping/priority/expense you choose......

As for border hold up, that's not only a 'reality' these days; it seems like either side has a seamless tracking method until they hit the border. :mellow:

Just for an example, when I shipped Dutchy a set of Pazzos, it almost took a month to get them there. We were beginning to think the were stolen! Recently, I shipped him a replacement for one. It went out from the local outlet about 4:30pm Thursday and arrived MONDAY afternoon! :ohmy:

I posted a used mirror to Australia in ten days... both US and CAN postal have lower brockerage/handling charges and are less likely to open/inspect/reassess duty then the other options. :goofy:

Don't even ask me about UPS..... :dry: :angry: :beer:

Back on topic; thanks for the plug. '98-'99 headers are $200-$250 unless Motad Stainless and as for the Remus, when I sold a set of my Lasers, in excellent shape by asking about 1/2 of retail after about two years of use. Check Epay for examples.

Greg :fing02:

• 5 weeks later...
kk shipped me a treat and it took a couple of days at most. my package to him was about the same....no problems here!

What would happen if a 98-99 used the 6th gen headers with the cat? or why not just have a muffler shop cut out the cat and reweld another pipe?

kk shipped me a treat and it took a couple of days at most. my package to him was about the same....no problems here!

What would happen if a 98-99 used the 6th gen headers with the cat? or why not just have a muffler shop cut out the cat and reweld another pipe?

as best i understand, it is a frickin FELONY for someone to modify an exhaust and to remove the CAT!!! I asked around and could not find a shop that would do it.

Archived