4th Gen Headlight Low Beam Question

Guest donk69

I have a question about the low beams on my 4th Gen.

Are both low beams supposed to work simultaneously when you turn the ignition on? (When I turn the ignition switch on only the left low beam works, the right does nothing!)

When I flip the high beam switch both high beams come on.

Does anyone know if this is correct? If it isn't correct do you know what the problem may be?

It is like some of the newer bikes that have only one headlight lit when on low beam is on then when they switch over to high beam they both work.

Thanks,

Kent

I have a question about the low beams on my 4th Gen.

Are both low beams supposed to work simultaneously when you turn the ignition on? (When I turn the ignition switch on only the left low beam works, the right does nothing!)

When I flip the high beam switch both high beams come on.

Does anyone know if this is correct? If it isn't correct do you know what the problem may be?

It is like some of the newer bikes that have only one headlight lit when on low beam is on then when they switch over to high beam they both work.

Thanks,

Kent

• Member Contributer
What you are describing (left low beam, both high beam) is standard for Euro spec bikes, don't know about US spec VFRs.
Unless you want that "cool European look", a US-spec RC36 should light both (45w) low beams at once... :biggrin:

Ciao,

I bought it as a wrecked bike so I don't know what the previous owner/owners have done to it.

Maybe I'll try to find the wiring diagram for the European spec bikes.

Could it be that one of the relays is bad that is causing the problem? Or do you think that the previous owner/s may have modified the wiring harness to make only the left low beam come on upon startup?

• Member Contributer

Swap the bulbs. Report back...

I doubt it's a non-US bike (er, assuming you're in the 'States, that is...), but the VIN would tell you for sure.

Ciao,

Archived