Staintune Exhaust - W/wo Baffle

swimmer

• Member Contributer
They're made by Australian aborigines who are specially trained to work/weld stainless steel. If you remember your high school history, it was the aborigines who first refined stainless steel.

Ah ha, so there are Americans who've studied Australian history, well done Pete :laugh: :beer:

You did however neglect to mention that these Aborigines with the Stainless steel talent were also the first to produce the Aluminum can, they needed something to hold their liquer in whilst welding. They found they were losing 50% of their thirst quencher outta the bark weaved bowls they were using and realised when used in conjunction with a Coleman cooler they not only saved drink, it kept em cold. Little known fact........

:biggrin: They eventually went on to discover flip flops and the folding chair .... tongue.gif

Thanks for the further information AussieinUSA. Now if I can just get on Jepodary! and Alec says "This race of people were the first to refine stainless steel and invented the aluminum can."

An advanced race of people indeed.

BTW, did you ever meet Crocodile Dundee before you moved here?

Na never met him Pete but I think I saw him painting the Sydney Harbor Bridge at one point :laugh:

I specificy looked for a used bike with them already on...

They sound great... Without spuds.

Not sure how you can hear any diffrence with the spuds or without while riding, all I hear is wind at speed. At lower speeds you can hear them. I normally ride with music anyway.

I really, really want to do a back to back dyno run with and without the spuds to see if there is a power difference. No other changes, spuds and spudless.

After my experience with the KTM, it wouldn't surprise me if the VFR put out more power with the spuds in. Loud does not necessarily = more HP. If that were the case, HD's with straight pipes would be the most powerful engines in the world.

• Member Contributer

Here's a short video clip of my bike idling and taking off at slow speed. It's an '02 with Staintune's, no baffles.

Here's another of a quick drive by and deceleration.

• Member Contributer

Buddy of mine has a 6th GEN w/ Staintunes and runs them with the baffle out. Sounds great but not to loud at all. Staintune also has a "Big Bore' baffle that fits right in between stock baffles in-baffles out sound wise.

I've got a 3rd gen with a Staintune with the baffle in. I think it sounds great. I can't imagine wanting a bike any louder unless you want to annoy people and I don't.

The PO ran it for a few years in Tokyo without the baffle. I guess he thought it helped cars notice him and maybe it did but I'm not in Tokyo. The baffle is now stuck in there anyway so I can't even find out how loud it is without. That's not a problem as I love the sound now. It's a bit louder than a stock bike but not much.

Just my opinion but I think it's time bikers started caring about public opinion and keep their bikes quiet. More and more places are not allowing bikes simply because some bike are too loud. That sucks.

While a loud bike seems genuinely soul-satisfying for a short while, it just gets annoying quickly. The videos on this page are of a bike that is unnecessarily loud. It doesn't impress anyone in a positive way, just negatively.

I don't get this F*** IT attitude of some people. I personally DO give a F***.

Archived