Throw yer Dough, right out the Window  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Here are today's tasty choices

• 4th gen - it's an icon
    • 6th gen - the latest and greatest w/abs
    • Torocharger and fuggedaboudit
    • Something else altogether

• Member Contributer

So if the YZ750 from hell ever actually runs again so I can bid it good riddance, I will again have a small amount of surplus funds to put towards something.

I am leaning towards either a clean 4th gen or a 6th gen w/abs. Far off in third is doing something else to my current bike, but I can't decide...

• Member Contributer
So if the YZ750 from hell ever actually runs again so I can bid it good riddance, I will again have a small amount of surplus funds to put towards something.

I am leaning towards either a clean 4th gen or a 6th gen w/abs. Far off in third is doing something else to my current bike, but I can't decide...

Dont you have the beautiful white 5th gen? The only thing missing on that bike to make it the world most perfect VFR is the the toro kit...... :laugh:

MD

• Member Contributer

Having both a 4th gen and a 6th gen w/ ABS, it really comes down to what matters to you the most. Out of the box, the 6th gen is great in the suspension and braking department. If you like the unique looks of the 4th gen, you'll be amazed with the linear power delivery and soulful sounds of the gear driven cams. In a nutshell, at least for me anyways:

4th gen == sweet motor, lighter

6th gen == awesome brakes, suspension is good, great instrumentation, FI

I couldn't part from the two, but if it came down to it, I would be leaning towards the 6th gen only because the performance of the LBS brakes make me feel safer (despite ABS). If you tuned the suspension of the 4th gen, it's a hell of a ride. The motor churns out nearly identical power w/ 50 less cc's and carburetors to boot, which by the way, are perfectly matched for the engine's street performance.

and for the 4th gen lovers...

gallery_11036_3951_60937.jpg

Until I ride something better, I still have to vote for the 4th gen, and yes the only bikes I've ever ridden are my 750 and 700 (which I was very sorry to find felt sluggish and unresponsive tonight in comparison to the new one), so I am quite biased.

In the back of my mind I'm still looking for a new(er) CBR600RR, but mainly just to see how it feels compared to the VFRs.

Another VFR is cool but there are so many other bikes out there that do different things. Why get one that has almost the same purpose as the one you already have. I would be looking at a dual sport, motard, naked bike, or even comfy touring bike to park next to an existing VFR.

Archived