Wet But Wonderful

• Member Contributer

This was by first T=Mac. Theoxmole brought it tenaciously to my attention several months ago

on the chat. I knew I wanted to go. the more he talked bout it the more I felt I had to be there.

It did not disappoint.

With few exceptions, it seems everyone I have ever met on VFRD was there. All of the pillars

were in the house. Sebspeed was there, with the Flaff and his encyclopedic motorcycle knowldedge.

He even treated us to a wheelie (he didn't know we were watching). Baileyrock, the great organizer

and the initiator of it all, Hispanicslammer with the story of VFRD(history is all immportant). I even got

to pay back a debt to vifferluv from New Hampshire who came down to take possession of his spiffed

up fifth gen and collect the beers and dinner I promised him for giving me some replacement condom

mirrors. My mountain mentor KWR8728, and my newest sidekicks MikeonBike, and Park800 from VFRW

met me for a pre-event ride around the mountains to some of Mike's scenic finds. That was a blast.

Then came the ride. Theoxmole was our able leader for this beginners relaxed ride with It was a

great group for a good time. 97VFR750 showed up with his buddy from GSU, AtlR6. I hadn't ridden

with Vince since our December ride to Calaway Gardens. Then there was Nicole

and navyhelodrvr with his red textile riding pants(too cool for school) I'm sure it had something to do with

being seen and safe rather than cool. House was deftly sweeping my slow butt up at the rear. It rained like

sixty on us on the way home but even that was a learning experience.

Aside from being flaffed, and meeting so many new folks, and doing what every biker feels he has to do as

a rite of passage, ride the Dragon, not to mention Billyjackjimbob's chain cleaning lesson, two other more

important things happened to me. Navyhelodrvr and AdamF18 made the day invaluable to me.

Navy calmed me down about getting to the top of the Dragon later than everyone else and Adam

told me to take the broad view in the turns not to narrow my focus. Made all the difference in the world

It is not that I hadn't heard it before but it was the right word at the right time. Didn't have to wait long

for me at the end of the ride.

The bottom line is that for this 64 year old new rider, it was an all things event and I especially thank

Ox and House for bringing us all through safely. What an event. Can't wait until next year !!!

I can't get this pic mounting thing to behave so you'll have to check my gallery

This was by first T=Mac. Theoxmole brought it tenaciously to my attention several months ago

on the chat. I knew I wanted to go. the more he talked bout it the more I felt I had to be there.

I did not disappoint.

With few exceptions, it seems everyone I have ever met on VFRD was there. All of the pillars

were in the house. Sebspeed was there, with the Flaff and his encyclopedic motorcycle knowldedge.

He even treated us to a wheelie (he didn't know we were watching). Baileyrock, the great organizer

and the initiator of it all, Hispanicslammer with the story of VFRD(history is all immportant). I even got

to pay back a debt to vifferluv from New Hampshire who came down to take possession of his spiffed

up fifth gen and collect the beers and dinner I promised him for giving me some replacement condom

mirrors. My mountain mentor KWR8728, and my newest sidekicks MikeonBike, and Park800 from VFRW

met me for a pre-event ride around the mountains to some of Mike's scenic finds. That was a blast.

Then came the ride. Theoxmole was our able leader for this beginners relaxed ride with It was a

great group for a good time. 97VFR750 showed up with his buddy from GSU, AtlR6. I hadn't ridden

with Vince since our December ride to Calaway Gardens. Then there was Nicole

and navyhelodrvr with his red textile riding pants(too cool for school) I'm sure it had something to do with

being seen and safe rather than cool. House was deftly sweeping my slow butt up at the rear. It rained like

sixty on us on the way home but even that was a learning experience.

Aside from being flaffed, and meeting so many new folks, and doing what every biker feels he has to do as

a rite of passage, ride the Dragon, not to mention Billyjackjimbob's chain cleaning lesson, two other more

important things happened to me. Navyhelodrvr and AdamF18 made the day invaluable to me.

Navy calmed me down about getting to the top of the Dragon later than everyone else and Adam

told me to take the broad view in the turns not to narrow my focus. Made all the difference in the world

It is not that I hadn't heard it before but it was the right word at the right time. Didn't have to wait long

for me at the end of the ride.

The bottom line is that for this 64 year old new rider, it was an all things event and I especially thank

Ox and House for bringing us all through safely. What an event. Can't wait until next year !!!

I can't get this pic mounting thing to behave so you'll have to check my gallery

It was a pleasure meeting you,Wrestler. Wish I could have ridden with you, Monk.

• Member Contributer

:laugh:

sad.gif

Grrrrrrrrr. I've been so wanting to meet the both of you.

Aren't these folks the best?!!!!

• Member Contributer

Loved seeing you again wrestler, Ill be checking out the ga sportbike forum asap for other meets. Ill be looking forward to many good rides with you to come, keep the shiny side up and ill see you soon!

Vince (97VFR750)

• Member Contributer
Loved seeing you again wrestler, Ill be checking out the ga sportbike forum asap for other meets. Ill be looking forward to many good rides with you to come, keep the shiny side up and ill see you soon!

Vince (97VFR750)

Thanks Vince. I was really glad to see you again. I enjoyed your post "flashing" your girlfriend. JJ was just on the chat earlier today with his new handle AtlR6. You guys have to get onto VFRWorld and join my social group <http://vfrworld.com/forums/groups/georgia-riders.html>. We may be

heading up to Lawrenceville on Tuesday night with Matt and Mike, and maybe Matt1986vf500f if he can come down from Mt. Airy.

wrestler

• Member Contributer

sad.gif

Grrrrrrrrr. I've been so wanting to meet the both of you.

Aren't these folks the best?!!!!

Been wanting to meet you too, my man. I am sure it will happen. Thanks for the good sentiments

wrestler

• Member Contributer

It was good talking with you at dinner over my fu fu ginerger :laugh:

Look forward to talking with you again next year.

purv~

• Member Contributer
It was good talking with you at dinner over my fu fu ginerger :fing02:

Look forward to talking with you again next year.

purv~

Thanks purvis. I meet so many people I wish lived in my neighborhood so

I could get together with them and have Fu Fu ginger and just feel good

about being around them. You are one of those. Thanks for making great

memories for me. Maybe next year we get to ride together.

wrestler

There's no such thing as slow in the relaxed group at TMAC! It's all about riding YOUR ride, having fun, and picking up bits of knowledge from the numerous sources there! (and also honoring the memory of a fallen rider.) It doesn't matter when you get to a stopping point, only that you get there smile.gif Glad you had a good time and come ride Salacoa road or Blood Mt. with Kevin and I soon! (BTW, Kevin has to wait on me when we ride together, heh)

• Member Contributer

Nice meeting everyone. We have a great group of guys and gals here at VFR-D!!!

Myself and my little group had a tough time getting to the T-MAC as we got a late start and then ran into some horrible weather on the way in. We arrived Friday morning at 1:30 am. By the time we got sufficient sleep and were up and moving the next morning, everyone was ready to ride before we had eaten breakfast.

We went our own route later that morning and ended up spending a lot of time riding in the rain. The following two days forecast did not look any better, so we packed up and headed home Saturday morning.

I am disappointed that I did not get to ride with any you this time. Hopefully there will be a meet in the fall and I will get to ride with a few of you then.

Hope all made it home safe!

John.

• Member Contributer
There's no such thing as slow in the relaxed group at TMAC! It's all about riding YOUR ride, having fun, and picking up bits of knowledge from the numerous sources there! (and also honoring the memory of a fallen rider.) It doesn't matter when you get to a stopping point, only that you get there smile.gif Glad you had a good time and come ride Salacoa road or Blood Mt. with Kevin and I soon! (BTW, Kevin has to wait on me when we ride together, heh)

House, You da man :fing02: I really do appreciate your "sweepmanship" Never felt as if you were pushing me or anything. As a matter of fact it was confidence building to know you were in my mirror whenever I looked. Let me know when you are headed for the mountain again, if I'm in town, I'm there. BTW. I hope you notice how much better I was getting as the day went on. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Ribs at the Roadhouse. Thoughtful conversation and discussion.

As for 64... you pass for 54 quite comfortably. On a VFR age is not a factor.

A pleasure meeting you.

Brian

Archived