Michelin Pilot Power Wear

VFRBulldawg

Thanks BR

I'm just gauging, so I dont look like Dutch LOL!

The tire was less than i expected at first , its a fast tire with very little resitance, took me alittle bit to understand it.

• Member Contributer

I have a rather strong oppinion on the pilot powers. One they rock as an all around sport tire or track tire. Two they stick well even when they are worn past their safe service life. Three don't sport ride on tires worn to the wear grooves. These tires are pretty light weight and there is very little tire left once the tread is worn to the bars at any location. Tires are cheap. Getting a flat while out on a ride sucks. I've done it twice now. Crashing is definately not worth it. Get new tires as soon as you start to doubt the old ones. You've gotten good miliage out of those PP's. I don't like the Pilot road 2's as a sport tire. But that doesn't mean you wont. Replace those old tires soon as you can. I'm sampling the 2ct's. I had a track day planned that's why I got them and they were cheap. 209 shipped and I mount and balance them myself. It's not that hard to do.

i am a contrarian by nature :biggrin:

since everyone liked michelin PPs, i started w/ M1/Z6 combo. it worked just fine for beginning. once the pace picked up, and it was little colder, the Z6 started to feel like a rock. mind you, this was the older/original Z6. i started sliding and for a beginner, this wasnt what i needed. I switched to PP and learned my first lesson on tire differences. when the PR2 came out, I tried it for improved mileage and found that its grip/performance was almost as good as a PP, but life was significantly better. I have tried Rossos, diablos, and M3s on the VFR.

as the cost is down on the rubber these days, i bought a last buy on the diablos and PPs and will run those to ground, but if i had to chose, PP/PR2 front/rear combo is still the best dollar/performance option i have ever ridden.

good luck on your choice!

i am a contrarian by nature :biggrin:

since everyone liked michelin PPs, i started w/ M1/Z6 combo. it worked just fine for beginning. once the pace picked up, and it was little colder, the Z6 started to feel like a rock. mind you, this was the older/original Z6. i started sliding and for a beginner, this wasnt what i needed. I switched to PP and learned my first lesson on tire differences. when the PR2 came out, I tried it for improved mileage and found that its grip/performance was almost as good as a PP, but life was significantly better. I have tried Rossos, diablos, and M3s on the VFR.

as the cost is down on the rubber these days, i bought a last buy on the diablos and PPs and will run those to ground, but if i had to chose, PP/PR2 front/rear combo is still the best dollar/performance option i have ever ridden.

good luck on your choice!

Yeh , ive been running that pprod2 rear package for a couple years kinda sick of it, the rear power , I definitely see a performance difference over the road 2, but yeh the life is going to be way short. I'm trying to see how a ppower rear does in comparison to a BT21 rear, they seem to be close on life, Atleast if I manage to get another 600 mile out of this Ppower rear.

Archived