So My Sergeant Rear Seat Flew Off

Guest da9b20

Guest da9b20

So my sergeant rear seat flew off on the interstate and I know I had it locked on. Any similar issues out there?

its fustrating to have to go back to the stock.

thanks

that sucks. sorry to hear. When I first got my sargent 1-piece for my 6th gen, i thought it was latched all the way and it wasnt. Obviously wouldnt fly off with me on it, but it still wobbled around a little. Is your seat new?

I've never heard of that...I know my Sargeant has two clips on the foward part of the rear seat and then connects to the locking mechanism. Much like my Givi, I always listen for the "click" to ensure it's tight, then I tug and pull just to double, triple check!

That really sucks.....just use your solo cover now.

that sucks. sorry to hear. When I first got my sargent 1-piece for my 6th gen, i thought it was latched all the way and it wasnt. Obviously wouldnt fly off with me on it, but it still wobbled around a little. Is your seat new?

Yea its new. I am about to contact Sargent for the replacement. I love the seat and must have it replaced. wasnt sure if this was something that has happened to other.

• Member Contributer

I had to trim some of the plastic around the latch to get mine to seat right and latch securely.

Wow - that Really SUX... I've spoken to Jason down there, and they Do seem pretty good. With a 6th Gen myself, it's all one piece.

Even so, I too have "latching" issues, and give a +1 to Knife about the trimming. I actually turned my seat over a couple fo weeks ago and took a closer look at the Pan, which is also a "custom" Sargent unit. I found some of the plastic was in the way around the latch points, so did the trimming there myself. It's made a difference.

Hopefully, they'll hook you up right quick. BUT - in the meantime, I think Magicman's got the right idea. Besides, that "Anchor" ought to come with nice Backrests, too, Right...??? :cool:

Good Luck! :cool:

Let me know what Sargeant says. I work in Jacksonville and they are based there. Perhaps I can bring it to TMAC to save you some shipping costs? Just offering!!!

I had to trim some of the plastic around the latch to get mine to seat right and latch securely.

I just received my one-piece Sargent seat (with Silver piping;pic's to come),and in order to get the back to lock down I had to remove plastic from 3 parts of the lock loop area.......The first was inside the lock-loop on the forward end (that was to allow the hook to engage the loop)..........Also the loop wasn't going deep enough to lock,so I ground off the 2 square blocks of plastic near and foward of the loop (ground them down even to the base before it would lock).....Works great now,and didn't take but 15/20 min........Monk

• Member Contributer

Have to admit but I lost my rear section on a freeway in So.Cal once. Ordered another rear to match from Sargent. It was some where around $190.00 Saw the seat section afterward but on a busy freeway it wasn't worth my life. Now I make sure it latches every time it is on.

vince

Have to admit but I lost my rear section on a freeway in So.Cal once. Ordered another rear to match from Sargent. It was some where around $190.00 Saw the seat section afterward but on a busy freeway it wasn't worth my life. Now I make sure it latches every time it is on.

vince

Should have payed a kid $10 to get it for you....Might have to go though $20/30 bucks :cool: ....Monk

I just received my one-piece Sargent seat (with Silver piping;pic's to come),and in order to get the back to lock down I had to remove plastic from 3 parts of the lock loop area.......The first was inside the lock-loop on the forward end (that was to allow the hook to engage the loop)..........Also the loop wasn't going deep enough to lock,so I ground off the 2 square blocks of plastic near and foward of the loop (ground them down even to the base before it would lock).....Works great now,and didn't take but 15/20 min........Monk

gallery_16535_4484_2627052.jpg

DSC00053.JPG

gallery_16535_4484_675629.jpg

DSC00054.JPG

gallery_16535_4484_524158.jpg

DSC00055.JPG

gallery_16535_4484_841013.jpg

DSC00056.JPG

gallery_16535_4484_2681059.jpg

DSC00057.JPG

gallery_16535_4484_2565381.jpg

DSC00058.JPG

My but is still attached and I am not your sergeant.

But really, I have a rear part for a 5th gen that I drilled two small holes in that you can have it you want it.

Let me know what Sargeant says. I work in Jacksonville and they are based there. Perhaps I can bring it to TMAC to save you some shipping costs? Just offering!!!

Thanks guys. For everything.

Sargent has been back and forth with me now. I have been seriously impressed with the seat and service. They have offered to recover it for a discount. This is only possible, because the plastic is in good condition. Check your latch.

This saves my butt for the TMAC trip. Its going to be my 1st TMAC.

Archived