Hand Guards

Sublo

Hey all.

Indeed I have searched, searched and searched some more both here and at other Viffer sites. Can't find anyone, photos, or details of someone with Hand Guards on a 6th gen. It's damned cold in NYC now (low 30's). My winter gloves are fine but after 10 - 15 minutes, my fingertips are chilly still. Yes, I'm going the heated grip route but I'd like hand guards as well. I know, I know.... they're butt ugly. I'll take them off when no longer needed in the Spring.

I've been perusing all the usual suspect supplier Web sites and there is nothing VFR/Interceptor-specific. So, I'm thinking of trying these: http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_cata...tId=&mmyId= and "making" them fit or perhaps trying some other make-specific guards and modifying them for our bikes.

Anyone have any ideas, pointers, suggestions?

Thanks.

-Freddy

• Member Contributer

Those are nice. I am wicked cheap and would steal the ones off my klr, which would make it very ugly. Maybe old used on/off road bike ones if you are cheap like me.

Good luck let us know!

• Member Contributer

ATV Handlebar Mitts

Cheap, effective, easy to remove and install. :cool:

IIRC, those are called Hippo Hands. They should do the trick.

Yes... Hippo Hands and the like will do the trick but for me personally, they're simply too butt ugly. I'd look like a Chinese food delivery person unfortunately. Not willing to do that. I think I'm going to hack a set and see how it goes =/

Archived