Braided Brake Lines

Guest bradc

Question

OK new question

where is a good place to buy stainless brake lines for our vfr's?

has anyone done this or upgraded there brakes to like Brembo or something else?

Is it possible to upgrade?

4 answers to this question

You have a '94, so it will be easier & cheaper for you to get them than for a 5th or 6th gen owner.

Yo ucan make your own or do some searching to find a supplier, sorry, I don't know of one off the top of my head. You can try emailing companies like Goodridge, Russel, Galfer and Spiegler.

Pretty sure this has been covered, but are they actually braided lines, or simple metal braid covered rubber/plastic lines? I liked the swingarm setup Seb helped do, but was curious what the line was made of, and if it was brake fluid grade line, or simply fuel line.

• Member Contributer

I got Goodridge ones on my 4th Gen

HPIM4121.jpg

HPIM4117.jpg

I like the "over the fender look"you can also have two lines runing down from the top

2after.jpg

3lever.jpg

HPIM4113.jpg

they come in fact in various colours.

PS: I had a few cups of coffee while the bike mechanic fitted them, so donot ask how hard it was to put them on

Pretty sure this has been covered, but are they actually braided lines, or simple metal braid covered rubber/plastic lines? I liked the swingarm setup Seb helped do, but was curious what the line was made of, and if it was brake fluid grade line, or simply fuel line.

They are semi-hard inside, it's a teflon material covered with the stainless braid. Definitely stiffer than stock.

Archived