5th Gen Boat Anchor!

Guest sparkyd31

Guest sparkyd31

Could this be so.................I just got my vance and hines SS2R slip on from a member of VFRWORLD used and just took off the stock pipe.I could not believe what my muscles were telling me.I had to go and put it on our scale. It read 11 lbs!!!!

Good lord I said this stock pipe is freakin heavy.My used V/H pipe is super light and my 11 yr old son said WOW DAD this is soooo much light and cooler looking as he gave me back the new one and gave me the thumbs up!

• Member Contributer

Most stock pipes that I have taken off or handled have been pretty heavy. I am guessing the GP shorty exhaust on some of the new repli racers are fairly light though, as some of these bikes are ridiculously light right out of the box.

• Member Contributer

A 4th Gen OEM muffler + bracket weighs 6+ kilo

Muy Akrapovic+bracket 1.6 kilo

• Member Contributer
I cannot imagine what the 6th gen setup must weigh, from the header back to the muffler plate!!!! :warranty:

Something like 20 pounds, if my muscles remember correctly. The replacement Staintune system I installed is half that.

I still have my stock '02 exhaust system in the shed; they're impossible to sell because they don't get damaged in crashes!

I cannot imagine what the 6th gen setup must weigh, from the header back to the muffler plate!!!! :warranty:

Something like 20 pounds, if my muscles remember correctly. The replacement Staintune system I installed is half that.

I still have my stock '02 exhaust system in the shed; they're impossible to sell because they don't get damaged in crashes!

Their not impossible. I have 3 in the basement. The ehat shields do get bent in certain crashes.

Archived