Amazing What You Can Do With A Shoe Horn And Some Motrin!

• Member Contributer

I've been in a cast with a broken ankle since 8/3! Got it off three weeks ago and have worked my way up to walking slowly without crutches. I still couldn't ride though because I couldn't get my foot into my riding boot. Solved that problem yesterday!!

I got the damn boot on and rode the VFR yesterday!!!

It was none too comfortable but WELL worth it!!! It's still hard to put weight on the left foot so walking the bike is a challenge. Thank you to Daisy and VFRedleg for turning the bike around for me when we stopped.

First PT appointment is Monday. We'll see if she's got anything to help take the rest of the swelling down in that ankle any faster.

• Member Contributer
I've been in a cast with a broken ankle since 8/3! Got it off three weeks ago and have worked my way up to walking slowly without crutches. I still couldn't ride though because I couldn't get my foot into my riding boot. Solved that problem yesterday!!

I got the damn boot on and rode the VFR yesterday!!!

It was none too comfortable but WELL worth it!!! It's still hard to put weight on the left foot so walking the bike is a challenge. Thank you to Daisy and VFRedleg for turning the bike around for me when we stopped.

First PT appointment is Monday. We'll see if she's got anything to help take the rest of the swelling down in that ankle any faster.

Steady as she goes cappin'

One little oops and you'll be back at square 1....or worse. :blink:

Glad to hear you had a good outing. Friends are good. Be careful. :biggrin:

• Member Contributer
Steady as she goes cappin'

One little oops and you'll be back at square 1....or worse. :biggrin:

+1 on that. But keep going, you'll be back on the bike regularly soon. Slow and steady. That's how to heal.

• Member Contributer

She did a great job yesterday. Didn't overdo it, used good judgement and knew when to say when. Give her a few more weeks and will be at 100%. :biggrin:

• Member Contributer
Congrats..

You stubborn woman smile.gif

+1 on congrats

And Marid... face it. We're all stubborn.

Archived