Fall Quickie Ride

Here's a short video of a couple backroads that are right by my home. I go a mile down the road to get to the stop sign at the beginning of the video.

No music, just added a title and end, pretty much raw video, quickie all around! It's a faster pace, but you can still get a good look at the fall colors. Couldn't find my riser block for the camera, so you get a nice view of the tach also. Working on a RAM setup this winter.

Enjoy, and feel free to comment!

There is a higher quality version available, if you look for the link at the lower right of the vid.

• Member Contributer

Hey Seb, you got a deer whistle ????????? :ohmy:

Sweet video.......... Loves them fast sweepers ! ! Tx for posting. Anytime..................

:wheel:

Scott

Sure, you went on the ride to enjoy the scenery! Just like I bought my bike for commuting! :wheel: J

I've been commuting all week, and it's been damn cold! Low 40's in the mornings, 50's in the afternoon... yesterday and today we're warming up again a bit, right around 70 yesterday afternoon, perfect for a stroll through the woods!

I'm going to try and film a couple more roads today, after I cut some firewood...

Hey Seb, you got a deer whistle ????????? :ohmy:

Sweet video.......... Loves them fast sweepers ! ! Tx for posting. Anytime..................

:wheel:

Scott

If I go fast enough, the wind whistling through my bodywork & helmet deters them. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Cool scenery. Not trying to put your video down but after looking at Drago52's video using that GoPro HERO5 WIDE lens video camera, I think you could have captured alot more of that awesome scenery that your riding through using it. :wheel:

Cool scenery. Not trying to put your video down but after looking at Drago52's video using that GoPro HERO5 WIDE lens video camera, I think you could have captured alot more of that awesome scenery that your riding through using it. :wheel:

:ohmy:

Seb

The riser would be great to see more of the road. Nice stroll & wheel.

What is your video equipment ?

Cool scenery. Not trying to put your video down but after looking at Drago52's video using that GoPro HERO5 WIDE lens video camera, I think you could have captured alot more of that awesome scenery that your riding through using it. :biggrin:

+1.gif

Seb

The riser would be great to see more of the road. Nice stroll & wheel.

What is your video equipment ?

I agree guys, if you take a look at my Appalachian Gap videos on youtube, you'll see that the riser puts the lens into the bigger part of the windscreen.

I was in a hurry yesterday and couldn't find the darn thing(it's just a piece of 1x3 pine with a longer 1/4-20 bolt), I was running out of daylight so I just slapped the mount & camera on and went!

Mount is a gas cap style adjustable mount from ebay, camera is a Panasonic PV-GS36 minidv.

Looking forward to playing with RAM ball setups, there is a sweet setup I've been wanting to try, but I think I may need to get a smaller/lighter cam to make it work. It uses two long arms off the back of the bike, and the goal is to make it look like the camera is flying along behind the bike, but not attached, giving a 3/4 rear view of the bike & rider.

Thanks for the comments, keep em coming! :biggrin: I won't be getting back out today, but tomorrow is looking good! :blink:

• Member Contributer

and people say the VFR won't wheelie. :biggrin: Thanks for documenting it on video. Now I can point them to your link instead of having to show them. :biggrin:

and people say the VFR won't wheelie. :biggrin: Thanks for documenting it on video. Now I can point them to your link instead of having to show them. :blink:

Aww, just show them anyway! :biggrin: If I had some more road, I would left it there and stuck it in third! +1.gif

I like looking at your head in the tach looking into and thru the corners, fun to watch

It looks better in person... wink.gif

:biggrin: :biggrin:

I do like that part of it myself, I find myself rewinding the videos a lot so Ican watch the corner, then watch where I was looking...

Great vid Seb!

So that's Cairo, NY? Beautiful!

Those particular county routes are actually in the township of South Cairo, but the rest of the area is much of the same. :biggrin:

These are the "foothills" of the Catskill mountains.

For those of you with an eye for detail, the bobble/front end push/tiny oh shit moment at the 1:50 mark in the vid was a bit of gravel strewn in the very middle of the lane. The road was just repaved earlier this year, and they built it up about 4" with new asphalt, for some reason the knuckleheads that drive around here feel the need to cut the corners and kick gravel up into the corners... :biggrin:

• Member Contributer
For those of you with an eye for detail, the bobble/front end push/tiny oh shit moment at the 1:50 mark in the vid was a bit of gravel strewn in the very middle of the lane. The road was just repaved earlier this year, and they built it up about 4" wit hnew asphalt, for some reason the knuckleheads that drive around here feel the need to cut the corners and kick gravel up into the corners... :laugh:

Great vid Sebastian. Makes me want to head to the Northeast. Got a little need for speed there, boy!!!

Really cool, my man

wrestler

Archived