Question About Oil Mod For 1st Gen Vf700

johotogame

Question

• Member Contributer

i read somthing yesterday about a mod that provides more oil to the cams could anyone give me more info on that

7 answers to this question

There's a few methods that will get more oil to your cams; the easiest and cheapest way, is the "drill & tap" method.

This requires drilling one small hole on the underside of the block in the main oil gallery, and from there will feed oil through stainless lines to each of your cylinder heads.

If you look at the factory racing Interceptors(the HRC bikes) from back in the day, you'll see they all had that mod done.

Another, more expensive method involves buying a machined adapter plate that fits between your oil filter and your block, and pulls oil from that location.

• Member Contributer

yea, what Seb said.. Jamie Daugherty on the board I thinks makes/sells them.. In addition, Dave Dodge and Dale Walker (Holeshot Performance) still make the oil mods also.

• Member Contributer
Another, more expensive method involves buying a machined adapter plate that fits between your oil filter and your block, and pulls oil from that location.

This kit is available through eBay, I think it runs about $269.

• Member Contributer

anyone know where to get the "bolt on one" lol i dont like drilling

• Member Contributer
anyone know where to get the "bolt on one" lol i dont like drilling

Dave Dodge. I think it`s DRP123 AT mindspring.com

Archived