A Typical, Atypical Bent Day Ride

• Member Contributer
(like trying to keep Jermey in sight or behind me)

You mean when you slow down so I can keep up? :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

You mean when you slow down so I can keep up? :huh:

When are you people gonna' slow down and enjoy the scenery instead of the adrenalin rush................ :biggrin: ........... +1.gif

You mean when you slow down so I can keep up? :squid:

When are you people gonna' slow down and enjoy the scenery instead of the adrenalin rush................ +1.gif ........... :huh:

I see it all, the faster I go the more I see! :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

I could have guessed at the Baileyrock/ Jeremy answers...................... :biggrin:

• Member Contributer
Very Nice job Jim and glad you found something that increases your confidence, that's AWAYS a big plus! :fing02:

Actually I found that I was too close to the tank on my track bike and wasn't able to move freely enough on the bike so I slide my butt back a little and it opened a new world to my body position and the ability to get down (upper body)on the tank. I still have work to do, but on the track it was the way to go for me.

On the street when running a rapid PACE I don't really move around that much, only when rippen (like trying to keep Jermey in sight or behind me) do I brake much or hang off. :fing02:

No matter what I'm doing I find pushing hard into the pegs allows the bike to free up under me allowing rapid and easier direction changes.

Very good advice from Jeremy about practicing mid (blind)turn braking, I need to do more of that as most turns around this part of the country are blind. :huh:

Interesting comments, Kevin. Even with my new changes, I'm still one to move around on the seat. I just don't like staying in one spot....prolly because I'm an "antsy" person.

When a real turn comes up, I go very forward, pressure on pegs, butt off to some degree, however, when not turning I might move my butt rearward. I do move my butt off the seat to varying degrees depending on the curve as I feel in better control if adjustment is needed in the turn and it boosts my confidence. I think we all ride different and we just need to find what works for us while keeping "proper" form in mind.

I do think, right or wrong, that a lot of it is how we're "built". I have a short inseam but long torso. I do put a lot of pressure on the pegs and my legs muscles indicate that (take note, girls... :laugh: ).

Skuuter, not to worry. When I ride by myself, there is some relaxed / scenic stuff in there too. I pick my places. For instance, I like to lean it over at WOT all I can when circling the Lynchburg Square around the parked Hogs.... :biggrin:

Like Kevin, I still see all the scenery....except over 145 in the turns when tunnel vision begins..... :laugh: :wheel:

Thanks friends for making this a good thread!!

Next week....let's EAT!! :fing02:

Jim smile.gif

I think we all ride different and we just need to find what works for us while keeping "proper" form in mind.

Jim smile.gif

Agreed Jim! :fing02:

It's what works for you and gives you the highest level of confidence, doesn't need to be what I or anyone else does!

I for some reason can ride an extremely fast PACE w/o really moving around in the seat much at all and especially when riding semi familiar roads, but when riding faster or in unknown areas I will almost always hang/lean off when coming into a tight unknown blind corner so I would be ready for a tightening radius or object around the turn. :wheel:

• Member Contributer
I think we all ride different and we just need to find what works for us while keeping "proper" form in mind.

Jim smile.gif

Agreed Jim! :fing02:

It's what works for you and gives you the highest level of confidence, doesn't need to be what I or anyone else does!

I for some reason can ride an extremely fast PACE w/o really moving around in the seat much at all and especially when riding semi familiar roads, but when riding faster or in unknown areas I will almost always hang/lean off when coming into a tight unknown blind corner so I would be ready for a tightening radius or object around the turn. :wheel:

Yep, Kev., understand completely. I can go fast without moving around but I'm not as confident and don't feel as much in control. Surprises are a real bad thing, so, being able to adjust by whatever means works successfully, is a very good thing.... :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
Which tail bag is that?

If you're talkin' about Bent's.......it's actually a small tank bag that Mrs. Bent modified with straps. Bent's hobby is "Riding Motorcycles"...Mrs. Bent's hobby is "Sewing" (...and attempting to keep Bent in line... :fing02: )............ :biggrin:

Which tail bag is that?

If you're talkin' about Bent's.......it's actually a small tank bag that Mrs. Bent modified with straps. Bent's hobby is "Riding Motorcycles"...Mrs. Bent's hobby is "Sewing" (...and attempting to keep Bent in line... :fing02: )............ :biggrin:

Yes that's what I was talking about.

Nice, clean looking and small. I like it!

• Member Contributer
Which tail bag is that?

If you're talkin' about Bent's.......it's actually a small tank bag that Mrs. Bent modified with straps. Bent's hobby is "Riding Motorcycles"...Mrs. Bent's hobby is "Sewing" (...and attempting to keep Bent in line... :blink: )............ :laugh:

Yes that's what I was talking about.

Nice, clean looking and small. I like it!

It's a Chase Harper tailbag, I bought from Aerostitch. It is clean looking but I get a lot of stuff in there. I also have a new Cortech tailbag to carry more "stuff" and to be cool like my pals that like them a lot. :laugh:

Archived