Vtec Microns And Hardbags (saddlebag) Fit Question

Guest Hosebag

Guest Hosebag

I have an '06 VTEC with the Honda factory hardbags and am looking at installing a set of used S/S Microns. I saw a 'net blurb about fitment

issues with the Microns and the saddlebag setup. Anyone have first hand experience with this? :blink:

Thanks for your help!

• Member Contributer

Microns are not direct fit with hardbags. There is not enough clearance. I had to make my own bracket for the back to hold them further apart. There is work involved if you want Microns.

I too have Microns but I went with the Givi V35 side cases because like stated above to get the Microns to fit with the OEM bags you have to do some custom bracket making which I didnt feel like messing with. I like the V35s they look a lot like the OEM bags and they only stick out a little bit further.

005.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I have Microns and purchased OEM hard bags thinking things would fit and i was WRONG!!!!!!!!!!.

I am currently looking for other exhaust options so i can get my bags installed by late May for my trip.

if i would have know prior to dropping the 9 bills on OEM equipment i would have purchased the GIVI bags and brackets.

both setups look good. I just like the OEM bags a bit better (hardware is not as large)

I have Microns and purchased OEM hard bags thinking things would fit and i was WRONG!!!!!!!!!!.

I am currently looking for other exhaust options so i can get my bags installed by late May for my trip.

if i would have know prior to dropping the 9 bills on OEM equipment i would have purchased the GIVI bags and brackets.

both setups look good. I just like the OEM bags a bit better (hardware is not as large)

What exactly does not fit mean? Pictures?

Can you mod something to make fitment possible? I'm sure many have done this sucessfully.

Rob, Micron uses cans that are bigger than most (as does Scorpion) to get the deeper, throatier sound they're known for. That coupled with the straight-out angle(which also makes the TBR Stash cans hard to use), causes interference with the mounting brackets.

The last guy that had this problem with the TBR system removed 2 of the 4 upper mounting bolts and 2 of the 4 rear mounting bolts, to angle the hard bag brackets out(away from the license plate).

I think it was amhopf?

• Member Contributer
I too have Microns but I went with the Givi V35 side cases because like stated above to get the Microns to fit with the OEM bags you have to do some custom bracket making which I didnt feel like messing with. I like the V35s they look a lot like the OEM bags and they only stick out a little bit further.

005.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

Yours is the first silver VFR I've seen with black wheels. Looks good!!!

005.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

Yours is the first silver VFR I've seen with black wheels. Looks good!!!

Thanks! Im pretty sure all silver 03s came with black wheels though. :pissed:

• Member Contributer

I feel your pain brother. I have a nice set of $1000 Honda hard bags that have never been out of the wrapper because I have Microns. I love my pipes and don't think I'd trade them for any I've heard. I plan on having custom hardware built to make it work. That may be some time down the road however...

Kevin

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

as was already said, the Micron's are too large in diameter and are spread too far apart. the modification to the hardware (brackets) would work. It would have to be done on the bike as any good custom job.

I tried to buy some Leo Vince Carbons to replace the Microns with and have had a heck of a time locating some that are not backordered.

instead i purchased some REMUS exhaust and will install tomorrow.

I am sure i would swithc back to the Microns if i can get a bracket that fits good and still works.

Hey jsalty!

What canister did you order? Titanium or flat black??? I would be really interested in how they look!

Could you post some pictures? I'm considering getting some Remus pipes for my bike as well but I can't make my mind up

wether I should go with the ti or black.

Archived