Lowering Handlebars

Guest frosty

Question

Guest frosty

a quick forum search suggests the best system for lowering the VFR 2002+ ABS handlebars (without fairing modifications) are ConvertiBARS.

anyone have any experience with them, or can suggest another brand to examine? i basically want to get a sporter feel.

thanks!

6 answers to this question

a quick forum search suggests the best system for lowering the VFR 2002+ ABS handlebars (without fairing modifications) are ConvertiBARS.

anyone have any experience with them, or can suggest another brand to examine? i basically want to get a sporter feel.

thanks!

Or, find a CBR1100xx owner and swap handlebars. Those Blackbird guys love our stock VFR handlebars since they act as helibars for them.

I'll have to take a look when I get home, but I'm guessing they would hit the tank, the stock bars almost hit as it is. Just be careful with them, or drill & tap your steering stops & add bolts there, so you can adjust your lock range.

I'll have to take a look when I get home, but I'm guessing they would hit the tank, the stock bars almost hit as it is. Just be careful with them, or drill & tap your steering stops & add bolts there, so you can adjust your lock range.

any update on this? thanks!

• Member Contributer

thanks!

I have Tomasselli sport bars on my bike. A little bit lower and a little bit wider than stock.

Archived